cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone

Diamond
Grafter

Home phone

I've had the broadband/home phone package for quite a while and the Sheffield guys when I have spoken to them have so far been great.
I was both surprised and annoyed today  when I wanted to activate a service on my phone  to find I was through to South Africa.
I find it difficult to understand the South African dialect ((Nelson Mandela with his tree dickheds (decades) spent in jail))
After a couple of repeated statements, I find it will take "Tree Wokking deys" to set up call forwarding, totally unacceptable as I needed it NOW!
Anyway I've cancelled the order and PlusNet have lost another £2.50 a month.
I called cancellations to find out how long to switch the phone to another provider with instant feature activation, but "All our operatives are busy on other calls"  A busy complaints line is always bad news...remember the Heineken advert with cobwebs on the phone?
So if you guys at Sheffield can get the call forwarding activated by close of play today, leave a message on my ansafone and I'll once again be a happy bunny.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Home phone

Diamond,
We don't have direct control over the lead times for such things I'm afraid. I can push this through a little quicker but we won't be able to get this done by close of play today.
The lead time if we place such an order manually which is what I can do for you is 1 working day. Hence if I raise this today it will take effect on Monday. If you would like me to interviene please drop me a PM with the details of exactly what you need us to do.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Diamond
Grafter

Adam
Other than taking my dog for a walk, "lead time" means nothing to me.
As I needed the service for the weekend, activating it by Monday is shutting the stable door after the horse has legged it.
Thanks all the same, I'll make alternative arrangements, (recording a message on my ansafone giving my mobile phone number for callers to contact me is favorite and free).
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

OK, lead time just means the amount of time between placing an order and the completion of that order. Such time-scales are usually determined by our suppliers (BT Openreach in this case).
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team