cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home move - getting frustrated..

lisbali

Home move - getting frustrated..

Hello,
We phoned up on the 8th Feb to let you know that we were moving house on the 23rd Feb (question/ticket #81019285) and were told that because there wasn't an active line at the property, we would need an engineer to come out and install one and we'd get an appointment within 2-3 working days. Nothing happened, got the same advice on the 11th, and on the 20th, after lots of automated messages, someone replied to say the engineers would assign an appointment within 48 hours.... (you can see where this is going!) 48 hours passed and on Feb 25th we got a message saying that we still hadn't been assigned an appointment (something about an 'exception' on our order to due an incorrect assumption that the new address "appeared not to be built correctly" (not a clue what that means!)) but that the suppliers had 'assured' you we would hear within 48 hours.
Anyway, the long and short of it is that, over 3 weeks later, we are still waiting, both for an appointment to have the line installed - and for someone to respond to our latest question on the ticket which we posted on the 27th Feb. Getting really frustrated, not just because we are paying for plusnet and not getting either a phone or internet service from you (and are now paying for bt wifi for the time being until the line is in) - but also because we just don't get any answers from anyone to our questions or any idea when the line will be installed. Please, please could somebody respond to let us know what is going on, and how long it will be until we can use the service we are currently paying for?
4 REPLIES 4
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Home move - getting frustrated..

Hi lisbali,
I'm really sorry to hear about the experience you've had so far moving home with us.
I've had a look into this and arranged for a member from the house-moves team to give our suppliers a call and they should be back in touch with an update by the end of the day today. From what I can see it seems that the order we placed for your phone line to be installed in the new property got stuck in our suppliers systems (this creates an "exception"). This is what stopped us from getting an engineers appointment generated on the order. Our suppliers have had to build your order manually in the systems due to the exception and this is what's taking longer than we'd like.
As far as paying for the service you're not receiving is concerned I can appreciate that you don't want to pay for something you're not receiving, however, you will be fully refunded once your services are installed in the new property. The reason we wait until the services have been installed in the new property to refund you is so that we can calculate down to the day how much we should be refunding you.
Our house-moves team will be back in touch as soon as they have an update and I've made a note on the ticket that they give the mobile on the account a call. If they can't get through to you then they'll leave you a voice-mail and send you a text message.
lisbali

Thanks Linn for your reply. An advisor got in touch last Tuesday to explain the situation and then on Friday to let us know that they had managed to get a confirmed appointment for the line installation from the suppliers. Good to have some updates but we're really shocked that the engineer's appointment is not scheduled until the 30th April - a full 11 and a half weeks after we first told you of our home move.
Had we had known that there would be such a wait, there is no way we would have agreed to a new contract with Plusnet, and though I understand it is to some extent out of your hands, I have never either experienced or heard of such a massive waiting time for an engineer's appointment (had we lived in the south west and an area of flooding, then I might understand that there have been some difficulties and unusually long waiting times but we don't and aren't!).
Is there any way we can be put directly in touch with your suppliers (I'm guessing it's BT Open Reach?) so that we can discuss and agree the appointment time directly with them and wouldn't have to go back and forward via the help assistant? I think if it really will take until the end of next month to be resolved then we will have to consider cancelling the contract and finding someone who will be able to do it quicker, even if we are refunded for the time we are without Plusnet, paying for BT Wifi for the meantime is really expensive (£39 a month is the cheapest payment plan, which is far more than we would be paying under contract).
Thanks for your help.

drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Unfortunately BT Openreach do not talk to End Users, their customer is the ISP and they are the only ones they will speak to.
I suspect if end users were allowed to contact Openreach they would get even less done than they do this now!
The only way you will get it done quicker is if you were to go with Virgin or a non BT Openreach serviced line, the appointment is likely the next one available in the Openreach diary for your exchange
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi lisbali,
buntrob is correct in saying that OpenReach do not deal directly with customer's, they only deal with service providers.
Delays in new lines being installed do not solely arise when there is flooding. If extensive external work is required in order for the line to be connected then this creates delays that are out of our control.
I'm having a colleague look into this for you and they'll be providing an update regarding what work is required prior to the installation date. Please wait to hear from them later this afternoon.