Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home move & overall service satisfaction

kotaprolu

Home move & overall service satisfaction

Hi
This is my first -ve feedback to any supplier I am dealing with
I joined plusnet in 2011 Sep , at that time I was put on a limited broadband service and I was paying  that price  , one day I found on net that plustnet is offering unlimited broadband for the same price. When i called up them I was told that that package was made available later and the same was not offered to me as I didn't call them & these type of notifications wouldn't be informed to existing customer. Fair enough .... and was informed that I had to go into a new contract if I want that allowance
I joined a new contract with unlimited broadband allowance and I was promised  a free house move when required ( as I was having a plan to move home , inquired about that ) . I was offered a new router , which didn't arrive

on Non 013 , I wanted a house move and so called plusnet home move team, I was told that house move is not free and then I informed about the promise made to me  earlier ( free house move) ..  They said its only possible if there is a 12 month period left on the contract / if I sign up a new contract .  i.e free house move has * conditions.. So I had no choice and after calculations choose a 18 month contract and again then  I asked about free house move  option ,this time told that a free house move can be done if a engineer visit is not required ( i.e if property has a line) and if there is 12 months left on the contract
Yesterday I called plustnet as I had  to move to a new home , I requested a free house move as 12 months are left on my contract and a new line installation is not required ( no engineer visit) . I was told its not possible and informed me to either break the contract  i.e to pay charges + cease charges / go into a 24 month contract  / pay the cost of 70 pounds ( mentioned on plusnet page as 65) / get into a 12 month contract with no discount and was told a new router will be sent
I asked the representative to check the recording so they can find whats promised to me , they didn't agree and don't want to check whats promised to me .. they were only giving the options feasible.. after 2 calls I asked the call to be escalated as I was not happy with the responses . Finally I could get my call forwarded to a manager Chris , he even didn't bother about checking the recording to check what was promised and din't agree for my free home move request / any other request whereas he re iterated the   3 options given and I asked him to send me in writing with conditions , which he did . At least happy for it, those are clear
Today, I called the home move team to tell that I will go with option 1 , i.e no discount and pay 9.99 per month for 12 months contract  with a free house move ( though website has offer of 3.49 per month for 12 months contract) and I was frustrated to hear that option 1 given by his manager is wrong and the same can't be done . I requested him to escalate the call which he said its not possible as no one is available and I have to call back on Monday, after a long discussion he checked with his manager and agreed to put me on the option what his manager chris promised but  when i asked for free router, he said its not possible . the same is promised tome to just a day before but the representative didn't bother to hear this whereas asked to me talk with technical team separately and just want to have his task closed
I also have to mention that call was disconnected and I was called back , GOD knows reason for this
couldn't argue much so went with the order. so again a new contract but with new discount as seen on net
Have to see how it works from here on, I honestly don't want to get onto a 24 month contract though at a discounted price of 5.99 per month
Negatives I see
-->Customer not informed when a better service at same price is made available , where are you adding value to customer?
--> Asked to move to a new contract when I had to go for unlimited broadband  at same price, something like locking customer ?  whats the benefit you are giving to customer and also here a false promise on home move was made  , the conditions should be clearly mentioned
-->False promise with conditions made , team don't bother to check what was made to customer and why that was made. they only see what's available at the minute . in this case don't promise anything rather just say it depends on status then..
--> option given by a manager few hours before is not considered by his team? though its in writing. Whats the point in giving a option then?
---> when I had a service disruption, someone offered a discount on the bill which was given in writing as well ? why the same was ruled out ? Again if its not feasible why its informed to customer ?
---> Router, something offered a day before in not valid the next day ? what is the point on the oral discussion with CS team and whats the point in having the calls recorded . Now I have to contact technical team my self and start a seperate discussion as the one i got 6 months back is not working properly ( signal not good)
---> why I was informed about 70 pound for home move when the site says 65 pounds? so the content on web is incorrect??
--> wrong confirmation sent which says weenend calls are only free, where as evening calls are iven in the option provided. why this inconsistency ?Huh
positives in my exp
--> detailed / transparent billing
---> 24/7 customer support
---> fair data usage policy  
---> good service within the available bandwidth
---->no long waiting times for CS
-----> no frequent changes to plan rates / lanline rental charges
hope someone is there to hear me and rectify this,  I am writing here so that no one else should suffer
thank you
Dick:green Excessive empty space removed to ease reading of the post.
3 REPLIES 3
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Home move & overall service satisfaction

Hi kotaprolu,
Thank you for the positives you've posted, I've tried to reply to the ones I think you're looking for answers too.
Quote from: kotaprolu
-->Customer not informed when a better service at same price is made available , where are you adding value to customer?

If you're opted into our marketing then you'll receive any communication we send out about new products, it's not possible to simply change your package without communication with you, there are also customers who it could impact financially.
--> Asked to move to a new contract when I had to go for unlimited broadband  at same price, something like locking customer ?  whats the benefit you are giving to customer and also here a false promise on home move was made  , the conditions should be clearly mentioned

As part of the lower prices this does come with a contract, there is still an option not to have a contract although this is at an additional cost per month. If you've been offered a deal then we should be adhering to that.
-->False promise with conditions made , team don't bother to check what was made to customer and why that was made. they only see what's available at the minute . in this case don't promise anything rather just say it depends on status then..

I'll certainly see why this is the case, I can see some notes on your account where you have been made an offer. I'm not yet sure if this was simply missed.
--> option given by a manager few hours before is not considered by his team? though its in writing. Whats the point in giving a option then?
---> when I had a service disruption, someone offered a discount on the bill which was given in writing as well ? why the same was ruled out ? Again if its not feasible why its informed to customer ?

Again, as my previous comment, I'll certainly see why this is the case. Any downtime in service is and should be refunded.
---> Router, something offered a day before in not valid the next day ? what is the point on the oral discussion with CS team and whats the point in having the calls recorded . Now I have to contact technical team my self and start a seperate discussion as the one i got 6 months back is not working properly ( signal not good)

I'll have to take a look into why if you've been offered this it wasn't then given to you. It may be worth looking changing your wireless channel to see if that helps. We can arrange a new router for you if needed.
---> why I was informed about 70 pound for home move when the site says 65 pounds? so the content on web is incorrect??

It is £65, if you've been informed £70 then that's incorrect.
--> wrong confirmation sent which says weenend calls are only free, where as evening calls are iven in the option provided. why this inconsistency ?Huh

It looks like the package that you're being moved onto is the weekend plan, which does only have the weekend inclusive calls.

Happy to help further once you've had chance to read this.
kotaprolu

Thanks for your reply, please see my comments below

--> Asked to move to a new contract when I had to go for unlimited broadband  at same price, something like locking customer ?  whats the benefit you are giving to customer and also here a false promise on home move was made  , the conditions should be clearly mentioned
As part of the lower prices this does come with a contract, there is still an option not to have a contract although this is at an additional cost per month. If you've been offered a deal then we should be adhering to that.

sk - I paid the same price, so in this case you are not adding value to customer who is with you since 2011, but again this is done and dusted. But gave here to share my feedback as this is my first disappointment 

I'll certainly see why this is the case, I can see some notes on your account where you have been made an offer. I'm not yet sure if this was simply missed.
SK - the promise was that the package includes free house move , when I need this home move  and when I  called back,
I was told that home move is free provided a new contract is signed ( a * condition which was not Cleary mentioned when I originally signed up for contract) and I had chossen a 18th month contract with the options I had .
Again, at this time I was told that house is free and I needn't write a new contract provided a 12 month period is left on the contract and if new line installation is not required  . Unfortunately the same is not documented in writing and when I asked team to review the recordings, the same is not being considered
This time when I called , a 12 month period si left and no new line installation is required, but team simply said IT'S NOT POSSIBLE
Lesson learnt - get everything discussed / promised documented .. Struggling to get this now

Again, as my previous comment, I'll certainly see why this is the case. Any downtime in service is and should be refunded.
SK - Amount is refunded , why a discount is mentioned when it’s not feasible?

I'll have to take a look into why if you've been offered this it wasn't then given to you. It may be worth looking changing your wireless channel to see if that helps. We can arrange a new router for you if needed.
SK - what should I do now, I got a new router 6 months back ,  I started using it but the signal is not good. It suddenly dips and so I disconnected it and I am using the old one only . Didn't bother to call your team for this
As I am getting into a new contract and while discussing options, asked for a new router and they said yes we can do it . But when I am signing up I was told no . really unhappy with this

It looks like the package that you're being moved onto is the weekend plan, which does only have the weekend inclusive calls.
SK - This was what offered to me by Chris and I had chosen when I called back , but not sure why I was put on weekend calls only
Please put me only weekend & evening calls
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi kotaprolu,
I'll be honest, I'm struggling to pick out which bits are your new comments and which bits should be quotes so I'll do my best to answer this as efficiently as possible.
I can confirm that the house move is free of cost (we offer 1 house move free of cost per 12 months) but this is always subject to a new contract agreement being agreed to. I'm sorry if this wasn't explained sufficiently when you contacted us or indeed when you initially signed up.
As Chris has provided the link to changing wireless channel, please try this to see if there's any improvement with the wireless signal. If there isn't any improvement when you're in the new property please do let us know and we can discuss sorting you out with another router.
As for the talk package, if you would like to continue with the Evening and Weekends this isn't a problem at all. I'll make a note on your ticket to confirm this.