Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Support Not Sales replies

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Home Phone Support Not Sales replies

Just had to do a nuisance call ticket for someone doing 141 and calling numbers, I had a good number yesterday and a couple so far today.  Reply was "We have a package to block number withheld at only £4 a month", not oh we will report said user to their phone provider.
Support required not Sales
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
2 REPLIES 2
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Home Phone Support Not Sales replies

Apart from the cost ACR might have unwanted side effects
"Many public services such as the police force, the DSS, hospitals, fire brigades and public utilities will not be able to contact customers who use Anonymous Call Rejection."
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8482/~/what-is-anonymous-call-rejection-and-how-do-i-...
scream
Dabbler

Re: Home Phone Support Not Sales replies

Quote from: Gus
...not oh we will report said user to their phone provider.

Hi Gus,
Unfortunately companies are not allowed to contact other companies to tell them to control their users. It is at customer discretion to use their services how they will, companies will generally only intervene when the services are being used for illegals acts.
Our Customer Support representatives would have offered you ACR or TPS for marketing as we do not have control over third party telephony users.
Sorry if you felt you were being sold something instead of being supported, but as an ISP we are limited with what we can do when the nuisance is not within the same customer base or control.
I hope this helps to explain.