cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Move

raw

Home Move

I have an order in place for a home move however it seems that it's stuck with the 'BT Line Plant Team' and I am becoming frustrated by the fact that each time I ask for an update, there isn't one, and it's just passed back to BT to provide an update. They don't seem to want to provide an update so another 24 hours pass. Please can somebody in the DCT advise on if there is anything that can be done to get this chased up any quicker, or at least get an explanation on what the delay is.
3 REPLIES 3
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Home Move

Hi raw,
I've just chased this up with the supplier for you and it looks like they cleared down the planning work yesterday afternoon so we're now in a state where we can place the order for the engineer to attend and complete the install. The earliest available date they have for this is 17/06/14 8am to 1pm so I've booked this for you in the hopes you'll be able to attend or have someone available at the address.
I'll update the support ticket with the details for you and if you can drop a reply on it regarding the appointment and I'll make sure this gets picked up.

Thanks,
Adam C
raw

When you say complete the install, what do you mean? Do they need to come to connect the line up or something? It's a new build and I'm pretty sure a line already enters the property.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again raw,
The engineer would need to visit the address to install the phone line so somewhere along the line he will need to connect things up. With new builds you tend to find that the sockets are present and there is a level of internal wiring provided by the contractor that built the home however a connection will need to be made within the address to get things up and running.

Thanks,
Adam C