cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again-poor speed

netherfield
Dabbler

Here we go again-poor speed

I have been a customer since 2005,every few months the same old problem,speed drops off.
2nd of Sep this year it's off again,on ringing the helpline I'm told "It's about time this problem was sorted once and for all".
Sounds encouraging,not at all because today it's dropped off again, ring the helpline and after 15 mins of listening to music and being told 'we are very busy' I give up in disgust.  I then ring BT to report this same fault and guess what 'we are very busy'  but at least they say they will ring back within the hour which is more than Plusnet will.
I don't want to have to change my email address,but there is cable outside my property and it's very tempting at the moment.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Here we go again-poor speed

We're more than happy to help you but it seems the issue is with your phone line which is why we've advised you to contact you're phone supplier.
Sorry to hear you've thought about cancelling but you need to take this up with your line supplier. If there's any problems with broadband after you've dealt with them do let me know but we expect that when the issue with the line is resolved that the speeds should return back to normal.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Here we go again-poor speed

@netherfield
If there are problems which are evident when using the telephone such as background noise (dialling 17070 and using the quiet line test option 2 is a useful tool) that must be addressed first. You also need to check that the problem is evident when the phone is plugged in directly without filter or router. Phone problems must be reported to your phone provider.
Reporting a broadband fault when the problem is your phone line will only delay resolution of the problems.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)