cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help !

weezer9957
Dabbler

Help !

I'm fed up of being passed around pillar to post - can somebody please provide me with an update as to when a BT Openreach engineer can attend my property?
They have an office ten minutes away from where I live, all they need to do is essentially plug in a modem, and flick the switch to turn the fibreoptic on - I'm fed up of calling/sending messages to Plusnet to establish when an appointment will be booked - am now on 10 days since the internet was switched off by my previous supplier, and doesn't look like a conclusion will be reached by Plusnet anytime soon !
Pleae advise, it's starting to look like just pulling the plug on this whole sorry ordeal, and using a different supplier altogether would be a more time effective solution.
17 REPLIES 17
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Help !

Hi weezer9957,
Sorry to see that you're in this situation. I've spoken with Dan in our faults team who is handling this for you and we'll be able to confirm your appointment later today.
I'll make sure that you're updated on your ticket and this forum post
Chris
weezer9957
Dabbler

I had a BT Openreach engineer due to visit this morning, so as a result took the morning off work.
I decided to give Plusnet a call to find out where he was, turns out Openreach had cancelled the appointment, and no-one had thought to tell me.
I've been provisionally offered a slot tomorrow afternoon to make up for this, but have yet to receive confirmation of this - could someone firm this up for me before I book yet more holiday time????
I'm not comfortable with committing solely to Saturday appointments, as I'd rather I get cancelled on daily and not weekly, and the law of averages would suggest the failure to provide a service would be resolved quicker.....
Look forward to receiving an update.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi weezer9957,
I'm really sorry to hear that an engineer has failed to attend on two occasions. This is completely unacceptable. I can see that an engineer has been booked and has been successfully confirmed.
Just to be sure, I'm going to contact our suppliers to ensure that their systems are clear with this and all up to date with the information they require for a visit tomorrow afternoon.
I'll update you once I've got that confirmed.
Edit:
I can confirm that an engineer has been booked for 07/03/2013 between 13:00-18:00. This has been confirmed on our systems and our suppliers systems.
weezer9957
Dabbler

Thanks Chris - will let you know if there are any problems tomorrow.
weezer9957
Dabbler

Hello,
Any chance of an update to find out if the engineer is en route? Have some things to do this afternoon and would rather not stop everything in the event of the OR engineer cancelling on me at a whim!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
One of our faults team is chasing this for you now, hope he's turned up in the mean time? Either way you should get an update shortly.
weezer9957
Dabbler

No, as it currently stands it looks like I'm heading towards another wasted afternoon. Do you not have any sort of SLA in place with them? I absolutely despair bearing in mind there is an openreach office 10mins walk from where I live! How hard can it be to hand deliver a modem to me, plug it in, and flick a switch in a green box???? Surely one of their engineers could pop over on their afternoon tea break and do it !
weezer9957
Dabbler

So is anyone going to actually contact me? Or do I just wait until 6pm, at which point the inevitable no show will have occurred?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Really sorry our faults agents didn't get in touch yesterday, I can see one of them is looking after this as a personal issue and has raised an escalation to chase this for you. I'll nudge him today and make sure you get an update.
weezer9957
Dabbler

I've responded to the text message following yesterdays no show - do we know if I will be blessed with the presence of an Openreach engineer tomorrow, or can I go about my weekend like I'd like to?
Look forward to advices shortly.
weezer9957
Dabbler

I just received a text message - am I right in reading this that tomorrows appointment is now no more????
weezer9957
Dabbler

Please note I have responded to the text message and the complaint ticket raised - hopefully we can reach an amicable conclusion on this mess as a matter of urgency
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry to say it does mean that. Dan, who is looking after this for you is in over the weekend and will be looking after this for you.
Sorry for the disappointment.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
weezer9957
Dabbler

as said above, I've responded to the complaint ticket.
Look forward to receiving an update shortly, I'm fairly certain you're as tired of saying sorry as I am of hearing it.