cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help assistant

paulcobb
Grafter

Help assistant

I have noticed that when you add a comment to an open ticket in help assistant, then later refresh the page (where you are viewing the latest post) the last comment you added is added for a second time to the ticket - resulting in two identical posts with only the time being different.
9 REPLIES 9
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Help assistant

Hi there, this is probably your browser re-submitting form data as I've tested it from our side and not been able to replicate the error without confirming the re-submission of data.
paulcobb
Grafter

Hmm, Seems strange that this is allowed.  Using FF 3.6.3
paulcobb
Grafter

More help assistant woes

A couple of issues noted recently using Help Assistant.
- It is too easy to inadvertently close a ticket (view and close links side-by-side), which I did yesterday!  There is no 'are you sure you want to do this'!
- Once closed I could not find the aforementioned ticket.  It did not (and does not) appear in questions closed in the last seven days, or anywhere else for that matter.
- There is no facility to re-open ones own tickets previously closed - might this not be a reasonable idea?
Thanks
Paul
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: More help assistant woes

Thanks for the feedback, it's always valuable to hear a customer's opinion.
Just before I pass this on, could you let me know that ticket number or the content of the ticket so I can trace this and test it on your account for myself?
Our system was designed to not re-open closed tickets. I'm not a Developer so I don't know the reasons why but this just isn't possible I'm afraid.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Two similar topics merged
paulcobb
Grafter

Ticket number  33311151
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Paul,
Thanks for bringing us some more ideas to the table, I will forward your comments on for consideration:
- It is too easy to inadvertently close a ticket (view and close links side-by-side), which I did yesterday!  There is no 'are you sure you want to do this'!

A few customers have complained about this recently so we'll start a process of collating examples of this. This is to hopefully add weight to changing this in some way. Just out of interest how do you think we should handle this? A simple solution might be to move the button or may be a 'are you sure you want to do this? prompt could be a solution.

- Once closed I could not find the aforementioned ticket.  It did not (and does not) appear in questions closed in the last seven days, or anywhere else for that matter.

This looks more like a matter of how we've worded this on the portal, at the moment it says 'I want to view closed questions in the last 7 days' not 'questions I have closed in the past 7 days', that particular search in reality seems to find tickets that have been open and then closed within the past 7 days. I'm sure it would be more useful for you to find tickets that were closed in the past 7 days as opposed to what this is doing at the moment so we'll get this clarified ASAP.
- There is no facility to re-open ones own tickets previously closed - might this not be a reasonable idea?

Agreed, a good idea, this however would not be a quick or easy fix in terms of development so it wouldn't get prioritised at present. However there is a work around which is to raise a new query then quote the ticket ID of the previous one so that we can reference the original issue.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
paulcobb
Grafter

As requested
- It is too easy to inadvertently close a ticket (view and close links side-by-side), which I did yesterday!  There is no 'are you sure you want to do this'!

A prompt would be the sensible thing IMHO - 'are you sure you want to do this'?
-- Once closed I could not find the aforementioned ticket.  It did not (and does not) appear in questions closed in the last seven days, or anywhere else for that matter.

It is not really useful as described ' opened and closed in the past 7 or 30 days'.  My ticket was much older and therefore no way or identifying it - other than opening all tickets one by one.
The query ought to be as described 'Closed in the last 'n' days'.

Yes I realise I can create a new ticket with ref to original one - but much better to be able to have everything in one place surely - especially for complex fault ticket.
Hope that helps.
Paul
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers Paul,
Discussions are ongoing at this side about this, the one we should hopefully see some movement on today is the closed question search on the help assistant.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team