cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Assistant

Nemo2000
Grafter

Help Assistant

In the 'My Account' section of my service there is a 'Help Assistant' page. This is headed "Ask or view your questions". Well, it lists old (answered) questions, but there seems to be no obvious way to ask a new one! And the 'chat' is off-line too Sad

So - How do I post a question to Support please???

9 REPLIES 9
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Help Assistant

Hi @nemo.

Apologies, our live chat may be unavailable if agents are responding to other queries. I appreciate your feedback about the Help Assistant, there may be information on there which needs updating so apologies for any inconvenience.

You've just done what you need to do to get an answer, we will respond to your queries here, and refer you to your account if it is anything account specific. You can also use our social media pages on Twitter or Facebook to post a query too. Do ensure you do not post any specific account or personal information unless it is in a private message.

Let us know what you need to ask and we'll respond accordingly. Thanks.

Nemo2000
Grafter

Thanks for the reply. Actually, the absence of live chat does not bother me - I dislike it anyway - but the alternative of the 'phone is no good for those of us who (a) can't hear very well in it anyway and/or (b) haven't got the time to hang on...and on...and on...., but simply want to be able to post a question and get a reply in due course.

Anyway....my query relates to the fact that my broadband service has become increasingly 'sluggish' for about the last week or so. There is a noticeable delay between clicking a link and actually getting a page downloading, far longer than normal. Download speeds are slightly down on normal (but not much), but uplink speed seems to have dropped dramatically and the noise margin increased.

Any thoughts on this please?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

Diagnostic tests don't show any obvious issues, can you let us know what speeds you've been seeing?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Nemo2000
Grafter

Hmmm...difficult to remember now :-), but IIRC download used to be about 4.3MB but is now 4.142, so not too bad a drop really. However upload now is 250K, whereas previous IIRC it was about 850K. 

For some while previously download was running in the low 3.n MB region, yet there was not the noticeable 'delay' when switching pages as there is now, which makes me suspect that the problem is more with the upload speed - ie it is taking much longer to request page detail than it used to, rather than the actual downloading once the request has been actioned. But I may be wrong....

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @Nemo2000

Thank you for getting back in touch and for confirming your previous speeds.

I have performed an SNR reset on the line which has positively impacted the circuit speed after retesting it. Please monitor the service and let us know if you experience any further issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Nemo2000
Grafter

Thanks.

Download speed has now dropped, but upload speed has shot up and the noise margin has fallen dramatically.

Initially impressions are that the 'lag' between changing pages has gone and situation much better, more like normal 🙂

Will monitor.....

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Nemo2000,

I'm glad to hear that the changes put into place have had a positive effect so far and please keep us posted if there are any further improvements or if anymore issues arise.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note.
Moved to Feedback from Broadband
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
peteredelsten
Grafter