cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello! Is there anybody there?

ArthurDent
Grafter

Hello! Is there anybody there?

So I sent a  query saying that whilst I was perfectly happy with service received during my first year with plusnet, this was a good time to review alternative possibilities. To that end I asked for a breakdown of monthly costs going forward (which I anticipated could be higher due to opening offers).
This was sent on Monday, and I received an automatic response. At that time website was saying I should expect a 36hr delay before a reply. Fair enough. Currently it forecasts 1 day 20hrs.
But today, Thursday, I get just a holding reply suggesting that I ring up.  Not what I expected from plusnet, nor indeed what I wanted - especially since the website says that the call centre is not available due to upgrading.
Angry  PlusNet, wake up if you'd like me to continue  Angry
6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Hello! Is there anybody there?

The call centre *statistics* are not available at the moment (due to installation of a new telephone system) but the call centres themselves are operational. To discuss pricing options I suggest giving the Customer Options/Cancellations Team a call on 0845 140 6002 or 0330 123 9197, or 0800 432 0200 and select the appropriate option. They are available Monday to Friday 9.00am - 8.00pm (Except Bank Holidays) and Saturday 9.00am - 5.30pm.

David
ArthurDent
Grafter

But why does is take so long to respond (far more than stated on the website) to provide a non-answer?
Not really a question of "discussing options". My submission clearly stated what I wanted,  i.e. no change in my options - unlimited BB, non-fibre, talk anytime, caller id. Unless, of course, plusnet is about to make me an offer so attractive that I can't possibly refuse?
spraxyt
Resting Legend

In my opinion it's very much a matter of discussing options. That's the purpose of the Customer Options Team who are not part of the support centre where tickets are handled.
David
ArthurDent
Grafter

So, although unconvinced by spraxyt's view,  I decided to follow his/her suggestion..Rang all three numbers he/she noted, getting the same message about "High call volume, bla, bla, bla." After several efforts, finally got to speak to a real live person at 1640hrs. Yahoo! Yes, an offer, although with a 24mth tie in. The guy I spoke with rabbited about plusnet's  service awards.
Until now I've been satisfied. But numerous recent posts here on the forum led me to think about shopping around. The experiences recorded above reinforce my concern. Has complacency set in . . . ?
spraxyt
Resting Legend

So the options would seem to be continuing to pay the standard prices for the package you currently take with 14 days notice or paying a reduced price in return for an extended contract.
But definitely call and ticket answering times need to come down.
David
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: spraxyt
But definitely call and ticket answering times need to come down.

No disagreement from us there!  They are too high right now.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager