Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having to leave Plusnet

Moggy
Grafter

Having to leave Plusnet

Well,
been with F9 since 98 and because I'm moving house and not being able to have a phone line until end of June (another ISP on this line until then which will require a cancelation fee) I can't continue with my existing one until then as it won't have a number.attached to it. HOWEVER there is a cancellation fee forced upon me because of that for £25. (apparently BT charge them to disconnect me). So by all you ex F9 ers I'll be using another company as there was not attempt to keep me.
8 REPLIES 8
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Having to leave Plusnet

Not entirely sure what Plusnet could have done here?  What would you have considered a satisfactory outcome?
BT charge for ceasing an ADSL service (i.e physically removing jumpers at the exchange) and PN have passed that onto you (as explained here: http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/billing/cessation_charges.shtml)
Moggy
Grafter

I was willing to stay with Plusnet (it's been good) just wanted a freeze until end of June when the existing contract on the line I'm moving to expires. Who would want TalkTalk??? Anyhow it seems loyalty doesn't count for anything nowadays (car insurance comes to mind). Well the change might do me good.
Mayfly
All Star

But is it not up the people who live in what will be your new house to terminate the contract they have rather than you take it over an forfeit your PN account?
Moggy
Grafter

Sorry mayfly, I didn't make it clear, but I'm moving in with my partner, so another bit of the story. Don't get me wrong though, I really liked being with F9 and for such a long time, but they didn't (or maybe couldn't) find a way to keep me. Oh and in this move I can get fibre........ whoooo hoooo
Mayfly
All Star

Oh I see. Hope your move goes smoothly.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mayfly,
The cessation fee is something that is charged to us and a charge we pass to the customer, would it be worth changing package to a cheaper one for the period of time you're not going to be using it and then transfer?
Chris
Moggy
Grafter

Thanks Mayfly.
Chris,
The lady I spoke to said that without a phone line number I can't have an account!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Moggy,
It would involve you keeping the phoneline, but maybe reduce you broadband package for the time your wished to place the account on hold?