Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having BT trouble

gtowen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Having BT trouble

In the middle of moving from BT to PN and I'm very annoyed atm. Not blaming PN but would welcome any help/advice.....
My broadband was switched over on 30/04/13 and I was told by PN that the phone would be switched over on 20/05/13 ....... not a problem I thought...... wrong Sad
Broadband was great until 07/05/13 when a fault developed on my phone line (still with BT) and my speed has halved. I discovered the fault when I received a text from BT saying they were sorry I was leaving but could  I phone them to discuss possible termination charges........ well my contract ended 26/04/13 so I know there should be no charges..... coincidence ? I called them to report the fault and they confirmed I was out of contract and so no charges.
Today I received 2 emails....... the first stating that my broadband service would end today ....... hmm been with PN for 11 days now.
My phone was part of a broadband package with them and so the second email concerned an order for a new phone package they have put in for me which I certainly did not order. The small print allows me 7 days to cancel in which I'll only be charged for what I use but any longer and they will charge me a cancellation fee.
I have sent off an email to BT about this but I'm very annoyed and can't understand why the phone could not be switched over at the same time as the broadband. It seems I will end up paying double line rental, one to PN for my broadband and the second to BT for my phone and may suffer charges for a service I haven't asked for.
I'll be glad when PN takes over my services completely
Gerwyn
20 REPLIES 20
Teds31
Grafter

Re: Having BT trouble

gtowen this sounds a bit like the problem one of my new referrals is having , we haven't had chance to sort it yet but I shall keep an eye on this post. My referral was a move also fromm BT to PN. Ted
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Send a follow up e-mail to BT Retail and tell them quite bluntly that you haven't ordered any new phone package from them and as previously stated your previous contractual tie-in completed on 26/04/13, you should be on a standard no contract service - whatever that currently is with BT, you ought to use the correct terminology. Tell them also If there is any disruption to your phone service between now and when it is transfered to another provider, or if they dare to try and cease the line, you will make a formal complaint to OFCOM and you will take them to court and claim any costs and consequential losses that you incur as a consequence.
Edit: And then ring them up to make sure they got the email.
Edit2: I'm sure one of Plusnet's Digital Care Team will look into what is happening, on Monday.
All4One
Grafter

Sounds as if BT have ceased you line?
Anotherone
Champion

That's obviously a possibility, but as there is no indication as to which email came from where, it's not entirely clear!
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Hi Gerwyn,
Sorry to hear of the trouble you have been having.
I will have a look over your account today to try and find out what is happening for you but it sounds like it is going to be something that we may need to chase up during the week.
Thanks,
Scott
gtowen
Rising Star

Thank you for your replies,
@Scott would be grateful for any help
@Anotherone I've just checked the emails and both come from bt.comms@bt.com , not sure if that helps at all
@All4One I feel they have disconnected me but they say there's a fault and since my broadband is still working albeit at a reduced speed I'm not sure what the truth is. Supposedly they estimate the fault will be fixed tomorrow 13th May but won't hold my breath Sad
All4One
Grafter

Oh, apologies, didn't read you were still connected  Crazy
Edit: Re-read and see you got notification about broadband ending today, could maybe indicate the original problem then 😕
Hope everything gets sorted for you gtowen
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Hi,
I've had a look over your account and everything looks to be fine from our side of things.
The broadband is still with us and the phone is still set to transfer on the 20th.
With a standard transfer we will move the broadband over first which takes about a week and  then as soon as the broadband is up and running we will transfer the phone over which takes about 2 weeks.
I've spoke to a couple people on the phone over the last few weeks who have had similar confusing e-mails from the provider they are leaving. It tends to be from automated systems sending incorrect e-mails, but they only people who can say for certain would be BT.
You shouldn't be paying twice for anything and if BT don't sort your phone fault for you, just let us know when the transfer has completed and we can get it sorted. I can see the connection speed has halved and this should return to normal once the phone fault has been fixed.
I hope that clears everything up for you? If not, just ask away!
Cheers,
Scott
gtowen
Rising Star

Thank you Scott, the phone fault is due to be fixed by midnight tomorrow so I will see what happens and I have emailed BT concerning the emails I received and the supposed new phone contract. All I can do for now is wait for BT's response, hopefully they will phone tomorrow with clarification. I will update this post when more info is available. Again Thank you
Gerwyn
Anotherone
Champion

Some reassuring words from Scott, let's hope things resolve without further worry.
mikko
Grafter

Kudos to Scott for working on the weekend to sort out a customer's problem - only with PN would you get that. That's one reason why I went with them.
gtowen
Rising Star

[Update]
Broadband disconnected about 12:15  Hrs today, 13:35 Hrs BTO Engineer knocked on my door saying he'd fixed my fault and ran a few tests. Reason for the fault...... one of my wires had "miraculously" come loose. Anyway phone back on so part of the probs solved.
I've done a quick initial BTw speedtest and noticed my IP Profile has already gone up from 6.51 to 14.39 so I'll wait to see if my speeds change. I realise this should really go in the broadband section, but I don't want to open a new post just for an update, but would it be possible to get my upload uncapped. Thank you, will update when the phone is finally switched over on the 20th Smiley
BTw Speedtest
Download speedachieved during the test was - 6.04 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 14.39 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.35Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.45 Mbps
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers for the update, I hope things are going OK with this, let us know if otherwise.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion

Has anyone from PN kicked his Current Line Speed?