cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hanging on the Phone

mhoward4
Dabbler

Hanging on the Phone

Used the contact form to tell PN hat I was thinking of leaving. Got a reply telling me to phone them.
So I have - so far I've been hanging on for 27 minutes - what wonderful customer service - well calculated to make me want to stay - I think not!!!
Finally got to speak to someone - and can only do something on the price if I commit for 24 months - time to start looking around.
5 REPLIES 5
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Hanging on the Phone

This has been said on here so many times that you would think, as it's in their interest, Plusnet would have done something by now.
Most attempts at sweet talk are doomed to failure before they begin when a customer has been made to wait so long on the phone.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mhoward4,
I'm really sorry to hear of your wait. We are aware the wait times are longer than we would like at the moment and we are working on improving them by opening up the new contact centre in Leeds and hiring more staff, however, the staff need training so unfortunately this isn't something that will improve overnight.
For future reference you can monitor how busy we are before you call here: http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212&helpheader=rhmcallstats
gofaster
Rising Star

I notice that the service stats page *still* caches the graph, so it needs a "refresh" before it shows the latest values.
Have you moved all of your web developers over to answering phones?
EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Linn
We are aware the wait times are longer than we would like at the moment and we are working on improving them by opening up the new contact centre in Leeds and hiring more staff, however, the staff need training so unfortunately this isn't something that will improve overnight.

Quote from: James
We're expecting the site to be open Mid November with the full infrastructure in place.  We have a number of people (30-60 I think) ready to commence their training once the building is fully open who will be ready to take calls about 3-4 weeks later.

Shows how innocent I am. I assumed James meant LAST November with Leeds making a difference during last LAST December. Seems not!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi EnglishMohican,
James was correct in what he said back in October, however, there was a slight delay in the centre opening and we saw support being in place by the end of December. We are seeing a steady increase in support thanks to Leeds, however, we are aware that improvement is still required.