cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guess who's leaving PlusNet after months of complaining about fibre speeds

hanif248
Dabbler

Guess who's leaving PlusNet after months of complaining about fibre speeds

After months and months of complaning about my Fibre Broadband speed (the full 76Mbps), an engineer FINALLY was booked to arrive for today.
I spent MONTHS hearing "the speed tests come back fine", and finally they booked me an engineer when I explained that the speed test on my side were coming back at around a tenth of the speed I should be getting. I don't know why they didn't book an engineer when this happened the first time around.
And guess what the problems were?
1 - Someone else was using my login . Apparently the wires "got crossed" and the constant drop outs where because there was a clash as to who was actually using my login credentials. The agent on the phone told me this - who then proceeded to not put this in the notes. And then! After it was initially supposed to have been fixed - the same thing happened again! They forgot to tick some cruical boxes, and basically someone else was using my fibre login.
2 - And this is the important one.
The equipment I was given was basically VERY faulty and VERY old.
So, after months and months of paying for a service that I never received, guess who's leaving PlusNet?
11 REPLIES 11
ICEMAN6999

Re: Guess who's leaving PlusNet after months of complaining about fibre speeds

I find that totally Believable!!!!!
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

How much compensation was offered?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

joclark
Grafter

Hi @ hanif248 sorry to hear about the issues you have had with the fibre obviously this is something that is of norm. I have looked and we are still investigating this situation for you. I  understand this is frustrating, we now know what is wrong and will be getting it fixed for you.
Thank Jo
hanif248
Dabbler

Quote from: vilefoxdemonofdoom
How much compensation was offered?

Not a penny. No mention of compensation, even though my speeds were lower than that of standard broadband.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: joclark
Hi @ hanif248 sorry to hear about the issues you have had with the fibre obviously this is something that is of norm. I have looked and we are still investigating this situation for you. I  understand this is frustrating, we now know what is wrong and will be getting it fixed for you.
Thank Jo
Jo! The bolded phrase doesn't seem to make sense.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Simple typo, Jo meant 'out of the norm' (I was sat next to her as she was typing it).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Chris
Simple typo, Jo meant 'out of the norm'

Jo must have been in a real hurry!!!!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Quote from: hanif248
Someone else was using my login.

Given that your VDSL login details are based on YOUR username and YOUR password (which you specified on sign-up) how did the other party come to have YOUR login credentials configured in their router?  Has this been identified as an issue with the TR96 router auto configuration service or something else?
If yes that would imply that two routers were configured against your account.
Have you moved from ADSL to Fibre with PlusNet?  If yes, what did you do with the old ADSL router?  Huh

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hanif248
Dabbler

I was with Sky before.
I don't know what the problem was, but they said someone in Bradford was using my connection (and I'm not even close to Bradford). They said it was an issue on Plusnet's side, they forgot to set something or the other causing problems.
dick:quote
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

It looks as though there are a couple of problems on the account. One of these has been sorted, but I gather BT are still looking into issues for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
hanif248
Dabbler

What aggravates me is that it took OVER A YEAR for an engineer to be booked to come to my home.
I've been paying full price for a service that I haven't received. And at any point did anyone mention any form of compensation?