cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great Work

mysticdz

Great Work

I was with Sky for several years, my broadband speeds were pathetic, between 5pm - 11pm i was getting 100KBps at most, i was promised 6MBps and even at 2am i got 2MBps at most, i complained about it and always got told "you wont get any faster speeds in your area during peak times"   so i believed them for a long time,
i decided to try Plusnet and i checked my speed during "peak time" and was hitting 3MBps at least, after just 1 day of being with Plusnet, compared to what i had these are amazing speeds, i usually had to avoid the internet between those hours and now i can actually use it and not want to pull my hair out.
amazing work, i made a great choice and i plan on staying with Plusnet for a long time!! keep it up ❤️  Grin
10 REPLIES 10
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Great Work

Hi mysticdz,
Welcome to Plusnet and the Community!
I'm happy to hear that you're having such great service from us - and long may that continue Smiley
We hope to see you around the forums Smiley
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

I presume you mean 3Mbps?  What was your estimate btw?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

May I echo mysticdz's sentiments? Chris Pettitt arranged a BTOR engineer's visit within 24 hours of my reporting a fibre speed slow down & the engineer did a reset & replaced both the master socket & BT modem which were less than 18 months old.
The result........speeds restored & another very happy Plusnet customer! Cheesy
mysticdz

Quote from: Kelly
I presume you mean 3Mbps?  What was your estimate btw?

my current estimate is 7Mb  but between 5pm and 11pm i always get a lot slower, Sky told me it was because of my area, so i expect slower speeds between those times, but with Sky it would take me hours to download a game or even buffering a 10 min YouTube video would be impossible until after 11pm.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

we'll have a look at that ad see what we can do.  Dropping from a 7Mbps estimate to 3Mbps seems quite a bit!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
mysticdz

it may be alot but compared to what i had i couldnt ask for any better xD
anything you can do will be awesome though  Grin
Apprentice
Grafter

See what this says about your exchange with regard to VP capacity.
mysticdz

20CN VP capacity at this exchange is currently showing as Amber.
BT is reporting that some of the 20CN virtual paths at this exchange are not operating within BT Wholesale's planning guidance, although they are still operating within the product specification.
At busy times, your ADSL connection may operate at a reduced speed, although not all customers on your exchange may be affected. You should only contact support if there is no current ETA date set.
The ETA fix time is: Not provided by BT
Record last updated: 31 Jan 14
mysticdz

just to show the difference with speeds at different times
Today 22:26 919 kbps (115kB/s) 299 kbps (37.4kB/s)
Today 00:14 2703 kbps (338kB/s) 357 kbps (44.6kB/s)

but like i said,  believe it or not, these speeds are amazingly better than i was getting before with Sky
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Your line does look fine , from the face of it. As your exchange is 'Amber' it's likely that our suppliers need to add further capacity to ensure you're receiving the best speeds possible.
Looking at your exchange, we would expect the necessary work to be carried out over the coming weeks. I'm glad you're happy with the service so far though Smiley