Did you mean: 

Great Support

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Great Support

Hi
We often hear in here of complaints about Plusnet Support, so having just gone through a fault myself I thought I'd post how well it's gone.
I got home from work on Monday night to find my next door neighbour had taken down the fense between us at the front and doug a trench for foundations for a new wall (would have been nice of them to tell us!).  Anyway I get in to my office to sort a couple of bits out and find my internet connection is down.  Reboot my router etc... still nothing so looking into it I find I've no sync.  Alarm bells start to ring in my head, so check the phone, and suprise suprise no dial tone.
Phoned Plusnet about 18:30 and had talked to someone and hung up within 5 minutes.  I called round at my mums to borrow a corded phone, tried it in the test socket, phoned Plusnet back and got through even quicker.
It was raised to BT, who sent an engineer out today and all is now working again.  I phoned Plusnet again to let them know it's working as BT haven't updated their notes yet, and didn't even get a chance to hear the advert for moving your phone to Plusnet as it was answered so quick.  Anyway as you'd expect I've now got a low IP Profile and a massive SN Target Margin, so my lines going to be reset and I should be back at a full sync soon.
Many thanks to all the guys who I've dealt with in getting this sorted.  They've all been very friendly, helpful and informative.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

9 REPLIES 9
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Great Support

Thanks for your feedback Phil, sounds like everything has been handled well and in a timely manner. Fingers crossed the line reset does the trick for your speeds.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks Chris.  Reset has already started to take effect.  I'm now syncing at 8Mb, with plenty of headroom, so hopefully it will stay like that for the next 10 days.  If only the IP Profile would lift as quick!  Undecided
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

IP Profile back up to 7150, just need the Plusnet profile to follow suit!!!  Wink
Phil

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Phil did you notice the magic number of posts
  your on the leet
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

which apparently is 1337 posts
James
Grafter

Yep, that's one of the "features" in SMF Smiley
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks pierre.  I hadn't noticed.  I can remember it being discussed at some point though.  So what's special about 1337 posts?
Phil

James
Grafter

1337 = 'elite' in some forms of gaming speak.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

A ha.  Cheers James.
Phil