cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great Service

barrong

Great Service

I have just moved to Bishops Stortford. Previously I was with BT and had Infiniti Plus. Whilst this was fast it was not stable and frequently caused streaming problems when watching Netflix etc. Getting technical support was a nightmare dealing with Indian call centres and being passed from one department to another in an infinite loop. Whilst Plusnet may not offer fibre in my area yet the broadband speed is extremely stable and exactly as it says on the tin (between 14 and 18 Mbs). Dealing with their customer support team is a pleasure rather than an infuriating burden (as was the case with BT) - they were able to get line connected and me online easily. Only slight improvement opportunity would be the delay in getting through to an operator. Interestingly the BT Openreach engineer who came to install the phone line admitted that they had far fewer problems from Plusnet customers than any other ISP. Glad I made the right choice - High 5 Plusnet!!
13 REPLIES 13
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Great Service

Good to hear...and welcome to the forum Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anon
Pro

Good to hear from the only one satisfies with PN. They should give you a gold medal.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

and they should give you the booby prize for sarcasm
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Thanks for the feedback barrong and welcome to the forums!
It's always nice to see when people have been happy with the service Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Anon
Pro

Interesting fast response from staff when someone says something good and absolute silence on matters that say they are not.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Anon - That's not really fair if you're indicating we're ignoring the thread you created at 10:23 this morning, over this thread that was made yesterday.
I'm just about to look in to yours now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Anon
Pro

No. I was indicating that many threads complaining on here go without staff intervention for along time and sometimes get none at all.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I can assure you that we don't intentionally ignore complaints on here.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Anon
Pro

then look at this thread
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148195.0.html
and this
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148226.0.html
Do you want me to go through them all for you?
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: barrong
. Interestingly the BT Openreach engineer who came to install the phone line admitted that they had far fewer problems from Plusnet customers than any other ISP. Glad I made the right choice - High 5 Plusnet!!

The BT OR tech who installed my fibre said the same
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

The point is that MOST customers probably are satisfied : I can add  at least twenty that I know personally to the very satisfied  list. It's the ones that have problems that crop up here who are not happy & I suspect that is a very small proprtion out of all customers. However, I agree that sometimes complaints do seem to be overlooked and PN should - like all ISP's - ensure that all problems are repsonded to quickly and to the customers satisfaction . It appears from these forums that sometimes PN updates on fault reports are very slow and this is what I think frustrates customers and makes them angry.
Also the FORUMS are only a discussion area for help and assiatance and are not the actual official channel that customers should use to report faults, althugh we do see PN Staff responding & offering advcie and help I do not see that it is their primary function .
I deal with a lot of internet "problems" for friends & customers and 90% of them are not the ISP 's fault anyway: they are down to
a) complete lack of understanding of how to use the internet,
b) Wrongly connected  up a router or hub, filters and cables
c) Virus infections
d) poor  wi fi
e) bad internal wiring
f) imaptience and unrealistic expectations !
thedarkmaster
Dabbler

With the problems I've been having since I've joined, I don't think its great service.
My speeds have been dropping ever since I've joined. Had 2 engineers out didn't fix it. Talked to 5 different advisers and they keep saying the same thing over and over.
The ticket says 24 hours when I was told by the latest adviser said it was 72 hours.
I just want to know what is going off instead of being kept in the dark. 22 quid a month for a service I'm not getting. What a joke.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi thedarkmaster,
FYI I've replied to your thread here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148339.msg1304758.html#msg1304758
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team