Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good service :)

jrilton
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Good service :)

Hello,
Just thought I'd post some positive feedback, as all to often we only post stuff when things go wrong.
I joined plusnet earlier this month. From the day after I placed my order, I received emails and texts updating me on the progress and the expected 'go live' date. I was a bit disappointed my broadband wouldn't be active until the day after my phone line, but hardly the end of the world. Go live day came, line was active. I called plusnet just to check my BB would go live the following day and a nice chap said it he would check it there and then, couple of mins later I had the internet Smiley
I did phone after a few days to say the speeds were slower than SKY and another nice chap said to wait for the 10 days and he would call back. To my surprise, he did! He did some work at his end and uncapped my upload speeds. I did notice my sync speed went up by nearly 3Mbps and a quick reset of my router and my speeds are now faster than I was getting with SKY.
One thing I did think was good is I dealt with the same person, who did actually follow up and do as he said he would do. Normally you have to ring and explain everything all over again and get contradictory advice (with SKY anyway)
Only feedback I would give is why are the uploads speeds capped? And unless I missed it, this isn't made clear, it was no trouble getting it uncapped but I only knew because I was looking for it.
Anyway great service so far  Smiley I just wish BT would sort out my fiber cabinet, it has been installed since May all powered up wasting electricity ha  Undecided
7 REPLIES 7
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Good service :)

Hi there Paul, and a warm welcome, as I noticed that the first response to your first post on here never gave you that Sad
Nice to hear a good story, and there are many many more like you that we don't hear. As you say a lot of people only tend to post when things have gone wrong, and they are a small minority BUT of those that do go wrong, I really am gob smacked at the reasons, something the Plusnet CEO needs to get a grip of.
Anyway,  your query on the capped upload, that is part of the standard install of the BTwholesale product, although I thought Plusnet were automatically placing orders for it to be uncapped. Whichever, you are now sorted. Let's hope BT get your Fibre Cabinet up and running in the near future  Huh
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I too thought that uncapping uploads was going to be standard, indeed I'm sure I was told this several months ago when I moved back to PN and had to request it.
I very much got the impression at the time that this was literally days away, maybe it didn't happen or this was just a one-off glitch?  Undecided
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Many thanks for the feedback jrilton  Smiley
I'll pass on the comments to the agent who dealt with you.
We don't cap upload speeds generally when we place your order, so I'm not sure how it happened. The type of order we placed requires manual input from our provisioning team though, so I'm guessing that someone may have unintentionally flipped a switch to the wrong setting.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Matty,
I think it is the case that the manual action is to select UNcapped (as it is referred to) as opposed to the default option of standard speed.  DCT guys previously suggested that this error is associated with manually placed orders, whereas the automated orders select the non-default option of the higher speed.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I have just decided to place someone's order for them to see what the default option is (I've attached a mini screenshot), and it turns out that the uncapping needs to be selected.
So Townman, you are correct in that it needs to be selected. It was probably just missed out.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

It happens  Wink
I have suggested that someone changes the DEFAULT setting to uncapped to avoid the potential for error and consequential rectification action.  It was thought not to be worth the effort because come the advent of the new ordering system in Spring 2014....  Undecided

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

That's not actually our system.  That screen is from BT Wholesales ordering system I think.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager