cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good and bad

RSP
Dabbler

Good and bad

New to PlusNet, and I have mixed feelings.
Installation went well and slightly ahead of schedule last month, but communication was lacking.
But customer service is sloooooow. And once again communication is lacking. A fault on my line has developed and I'm getting nothing back from CS on the status of the ticket (81358789).
I do hope this isn't an indication of performance to come. My last ISP for many years had only one fault which was dealt with almost instantaneously.
12 REPLIES 12
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Good and bad

Thanks very much for your feedback.
We're just taking a look at your line. We'll report back shortly with our findings for you.
With regards to communication, this is something we're aware that we need to improve and plans are in place for this. I will pass your comments onto the relevant team.
RSP
Dabbler

I'm revising my thoughts to "mostly bad". And here's why with a bit of background.
It's now two weeks since I reported the fault and whilst I've now got up from the 100k to 3.5Mbps download, the upload is dire at less than 33k and getting worse by the day. Apparently "something" was done to increase the stability of my line, but it only seems to have made it worse.
I quite obviously have a bad line. My SNR is all over the place suggesting just that. But it's taking an age to fix.
When first commissioned, I had a stable 4Mbps connection on a brand new install including line which after a short while rapidly deteriorated.
But I suppose that this was all to be expected when Mr BT engineer announced that he'd "had a load of trouble finding a decent pair".
It's the speed of response to ticket updates that really bugs me.
On the plus side though, a dsl I had installed 8 years ago for a friend has had only one problem I can remember, so I'm hoping PN can match this when this issue is finally fixed.
RSP
Dabbler

"Plusnet - We'll do you proud"........ Hahahahahaha.
phenomenal lack of communication skills.
I'm soooooooo angry at being ignored by CS. If it's not sorted soon, I will be seeking redress.
RSP
Dabbler

Wonderful...

You really need to gain control of your suppliers. My fault has been closed yet it is still not fixed.
I am furious.  Angry
I've been a customer for 6 weeks with a fault for 1/3 of that time. You should be bending over backwards to ensure new customers have the best experience from the word go, not making them jump through hoops raising multiple tickets for the same fault.
RSP
Dabbler

Re: Wonderful...

Unbelievable, two minutes after posting this, I'm back up to almost normal connection parameters.
Whilst I'm once again able to use the internet, I doubt it will last because the line is still noisy.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

If the line's noisy than it's most likely a physical line issue, have you reported a 'voice line fault'?  Is your line rental with PN or someone else?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi RSP,
I'm really sorry to hear that this issue is still ongoing. I have forwarded this to the relevant department to ensure this is picked up for you shortly. Our faults team will provide updates on your account as soon as they've been able to investigate this further.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi RSP,
I have responded to thread: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,123938.0.html for you which is in reference to the same issue.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Two very similar topics by the OP merged
RSP
Dabbler

Words almost fail me.
I'm sick to death of the rubbish service I've had over the last month or so.
I'm now told that my line speed isn't [Censored] enough to be considered a fault even though it is now only achieving 75% of its original STABLE speed.
I was content with the original just shy of 4Mbps even though the line's attenuation suggests another 10% should be achievable.
Additionally, the upload speed is now only 40% of its original.
Where do I complain?
If I bought a car that should be able to achieve 100mph, but only achieves 90, I'd be content. If in the two months since I bought it I've had to drive it around for three weeks at less than 10mph whilst the mechanic gets his finger out and fixes it, I'd be understandably unhappy. If after he's "fixed" it, it will only achieve 75mph, I'll be getting him to do a proper job or I will reject the sale. If he turns round and says "well the speed limit is 70, so I don't care it won't run at 100mph" - line estimates - I'll be considering taking him to court. Does this ring any bells with PN CS?
Get my line fixed, PN. I want to see the 4Mbps again that you set a precedent with at the beginning of my contract with you.
picbits
Rising Star

As above - is your line with Plusnet and if it is noisy, have you reported it as a line fault ?
If you chase the line issue (noise related) then the broadband issue *should* sort itself.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Your Fault Ticket is with our Support Team who will look into this further for you.
I would expect a further update within 24-48 hours.