cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Job!

KeithReeman

Good Job!

I am a new member as of today!
I have switched from TalkTalk to Plusnet FTTC. The engineer arrived (unnanounced) but as planned at about 9.00am and quickly made the change. Apart from an initial problem with no phone line which was sorted as soon as he went back to the exchange and signed the job off, everything has gone very smoothly.
One question. I was very used to the TalkTalk home page (that now seems to have changed to the TalkTalk sales page) with it's news/sports etc links. Does Plusnet have an equivalent? If so how do I find it? If not what do other users have as their home page?
All thoughts/comments will be very welcome.
Keith
6 REPLIES 6
Gareth6
Grafter

Re: Good Job!

I don't have one as I really restart my browser. But, iGoogle is pretty good.
Another option is just to set it to bbc.co.uk, it depends on your interests.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Welcome to the forums Keith.
I don't use home pages, I have mine set to blank as I don't like them Grin
But I would suggest trying yahoo.co.uk or uk.msn.com (for example) and finding something you like.
Also, I'd imagine if you created an account with them, you could customise what you see on the home page (as it would automatically log you in?).
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi Keith, welcome to the forums. If you look at the bottom of this forum page you will also find a number of links to other pages you may find useful.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I tend to use google as my home page, there's not a lot to load and it's easier enough from there to go wherever you need to Smiley
Having said that though I'm now using Chrome (well, Chromium) as my main browser at home and am finding the recently visited pages tab that it opens by default more and more useful.
We do have a google search on our home page (http://www.plus.net) if you wish, but we don't tend to have news or anything on there. You might be interested in the community home page though, with all our blogs on it - we tend to update that fairly regularly. You can find that at http://community.plus.net Smiley
KeithReeman

Thanks to you all for your suggestions etc.
Keith
darleyhavidson

setting your home page to about:blank makes it immediately more obvious if your computer has contracted a virus/malware if the home page is redirected to something that isnt blank Smiley