cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go with Plusnet again?

toaster
Grafter

Go with Plusnet again?

Post here if you would or wouldn't and your reason.

My answer is NO as it has taken over seven weeks to connect me and I still do not have internet.

9 REPLIES 9
Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

Re: Go with Plusnet again?

Having been with PN for over a year and subject to my contract renewal at 18 months, I would say a big YES.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Due to having no real issues, only a couple of minor 'blips' that were sorted in less than 24 hours, and the fact that my services went 'Live' on the date stated, I would say 'Yes' and will be renewing my contract in February.  Thumbs_Up

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Yes.

SqWkHZV

The dips are mainly due to Now TV being streamed.

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

@Browni where did you get that useful data and chart from? Can I get oneWink

I'm on a much lower 2mb down and 38up and that is being constantly exceeded (as per this snapshot, from this morning, but I'm not complaining WinkCheesy) with the excellent PN  quality and great customer services.

Capture.PNG

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

It's JD's Auto Speedtester and can be found at http://www.gmwsoftware.co.uk/
Leapy
Seasoned Champion

@Browni Thanks for the info. Looks super, installed and running JD's Speedtester Smiley

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@toaster

I would say yes personally. There have been times where I haven't always agreed with PlusNet, but overall now I do. I upgraded my parents to Fibre.

I can understand your pain, because every company now wants to save money (then they twist it and say "It's not because we want to save money, it is to help save the planet") and expect you to do everything on-line.

Had it (broadband down) for a day or two, and that was painful enough. I don't know how you lasted that long. You just have to keep nagging until something is done.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I would still be inclined to say yes. I've been happy with the service from PN and before that with Madasafish. No doubt I would be answering differently if I'd been subjected to the same ordeal as toaster though.

About the only thing which would tempt me to go elsewhere is the poor 2mb/s upload on offer and I do not want to change and pay more for the higher package because the near 38mb/s download I receive on the 40/2 option is sufficient.

So unless PN follow the competition and offer a faster upload then it could well be goodbye when my minimum term expires.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@newagetraveller wrote:

No doubt I would be answering differently if I'd been subjected to the same ordeal as toaster though.

To make that judgement call, you would need to be able to discern where the cause of the problem is.  If it is with BTw / BTOR (as it appears to be) a decision to use a different ISP retailer might not have delivered a different out come.

Over the years I have had more than a few issues - all have been down to BT - Plusnet have in every case managed them very positively ... which is why I am in the process of migrating in 6 business lines from BT Retail (for nearly half the price) and adding a 7th new line to the package.

At times it appears that BTw and BTOR's business processes have failure designed in - for example, having multiple versions of the same migration order ... depending upon the characteristics of the losing line.  In a different experience, even after paying for a BT new site survey, which identified that BTOR needed to do prune a tree to access their DP on a dual service pole (electricity), they still set in a J.C.Quinn sub-contractor - on their own - without the proper fibre glass ladders - to do a standard line install.  Took months to sort out that one and BTOR lied the whole way through the process ... even claimed that they were waiting on the electricity company to de-power the line for tree cutting ... when in fact no such request had been made.  In the end, I got the tree pruned myself ... then BT claimed that was the cause of the delay.

From experience, I think that 80+% of provide failures can be squarely laid at the feet of BTw / BTOR.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.