Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving somthing back ???

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Giving somthing back ???

Why is it plusnet do not offer deals to customers who have stopped with them for 12 months or more? I see alot of really good deals for new customers but i dont see these dealsbeing offered to TRUE customers of plusnet.
Im an online gamer and rent servers for the games i play, with my host the longer i stay the better deals im given, why cant this be the same for ISP`s?
We dont ask for everything for nothing but it would be nice if we were offered the same deal as new customers, eg theres a deal on atm where new customers can get unlimited broadband for half price for so many months, new customers may leave after that, why not offer the same of customer who stick by you?
In all honesty its the reg customers who keep you going, what happened to giving somthing back ?
Plusnet are a nice company and i understand they need to make money, but please think about those who are loyal, dont those customers alteast deserve something back ?
Im happy with plusnet they run a great service and have great suport, i would like to see longterm customers getting something back or some better deals on broadband.
Once over companys would respect longtrm customers and reward them but you dont see it much these days, i would like to see somthing coming back to reg members.
I would also like it if this post was read by important peoples of plusnet, plusnet advertise as being a family type then i wish for plusnet to do somthing different to other isp`s and give alittle back.
I can only hope this feedback is taken onboard and thought about, this post is not intended as a rant and is not negative feedback, plusnet are a great hosting company who just need a small kick up the botty in offering longterm customers somthing extra Wink
14 REPLIES 14
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Giving somthing back ???

The answer you'll get is likely to be call the customer options team..
..and the answer they'll give you is nothing unless you bring your phone line..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Well plusnet are great at answering posts here on all kinds of things id love to hear some feedback from some or all of the plusnet forum staff
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

i Agree would be nice if PN gave summat to long term customers  Smiley
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
picbits
Rising Star

I've already suggested maybe a 5% discount for the year after your contract period expires then 10% (max) discount for subsequent years.
It would certainly help with retention of otherwise happy customers - that is only £2 a month discount on the unlimited FTTC package but saves messing around calling up and haggling.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Other than talking to COT I think your best bet there would be taking advantage of the referrals system. Happy to feed back that people are wanting something like this but it'd mean an awful lot of work for our finance team and probably a lot more back end changes than anyone would imagine.
It's not something I've heard of any plans for and very much doubt it'll be put in place, but like I said - I'll pass it on Smiley
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

would be nice to have something like a loyalty Card , which gives discounts for some shops  Wink
it wouldn't be as hard to arrange as a monthly bill discount scheme
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Since the 'competition' is so strong between ISPs offering discounts I think it would be a great marketing opportunity to strongly advertise on the basis of not only being a great value ISP but also giving a loyalty bonus.  Cut the 'churn' and you'll save money, reduce the new customer offers and you'll save money, advertise that you treat loyal customers well and prepare to open the floodgates to new customers (IMO).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
CaptainFantasti
Grafter

You're making the assumption that the churn is higher than the market average.
We don't know that that's true.
However, I will make the following assumptions:-

• Anyone who leaves because they had a bad experience with PlusNet is unlikely to be persuaded by a few quid.   

• Anyone who leaves because they want BT Sport is unlikely to be persuaded by a few quid.         

I think Matt Taylor's point about the changes to the back end is very pertinent:
PlusNet would take a double hit; a loss of income and an increase in costs.
So, that might lead to lower profits, which might lead to a poorer service.
Given that some people on this board are worried about the impact on service by PlusNet offering a TV option, I can see people objecting similarly to this suggestion.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

For what it's worth we do email existing customers with offers from time to time. You'd need to be opted into receiving marketing emails from us though. The deals mainly involve re-contracting your service in exchange for a lower subscription cost.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

w23
Pro

Quote from: CaptainFantastic
You're making the assumption that the churn is higher than the market average.

Not really, just suggesting that 'nomadic' customers cost suppliers more.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: CaptainFantastic
I think Matt Taylor's point about the changes to the back end is very pertinent:

Sounds like an excuse to me...  They could use the same mechanism as referrals Smiley
w23
Pro

And presumably no more complex than applying varying discounts for varying periods for new customers (depending on product and when they signed up).
Call me 'w23'
Mayfly
All Star

TBH although I don't know the technicality of these things I thought it sounded more of an excuse, if it's that much hassle is it worth it for new customer discounts?
PN is a business tho' at the end of the day and whilst those at the coal face are great and some of the best I have come across in recent years I bet to the management customers are simply numbers and as along as those numbers don't fall they couldn't care less about who we are or how long we have been with them.
Would love to be proved wrong!!!!  Cool
pwatson
Rising Star

Unfortunately the 'get the new customer, whatever the cost' is endemic across many areas of business.  Take a look at the car insurance industry for instance where they also do nothing to retain long term custom.
Not sure when this changed - Discounts for being a long standing customer used to be common place...