cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Complaint

mskenya

General Complaint

Angry i have been an unsatisfied customer with PN for too long when i first joined on an extra deal you had to have ordered a phone line 2 years in the phone service which i don't use at all as we all have IPhones and android contracts something has been changed as the bills are on line i see that the phone free calls after 7pm and weekend has been taken off and the accounts have been taking increases of money from my account for overuse which i have reported to the financial ombudsman and martin shaw mse. What makes it so [Censored] up is that the service is awful showing really slow to nil connection ...no refund...and a substandard service the online operatoer does not respond to questionsand i dont even know if i have a contract.All i want is a broadband/ wifi unlimted service unlimited internet and no phone service
is that too much to ask Cry

[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  Avoidance of swear filter removed ]
3 REPLIES 3
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: General Complaint

Quote from: mskenya
All i want is a broadband/ wifi unlimted service unlimited internet and no phone service
is that too much to ask

No, but you still need wires to your house for the broadband connection (FTTP excepted). Are you prepared to pay extra (compared to telephone line rental, as anything non-standard always seems to cost a disproportionate amount extra Sad ) to just have a non-standard connection to the fibre cabinet via the telephone cabinet - in order to cover the costs of any required maintenance and testing (as someone would have to attend the cabinet and carry all the necessary test equipment with them? Automated testing of the complete telephone line is likely to be far cheaper, quicker and probably more effective.
What do you mean by "unlimited service"?
Quote from: mskenya
we all have IPhones and android contracts
i see that the phone free calls after 7pm and weekend has been taken off and the accounts have been taking increases of money from my account for overuse

This I don't understand. If you are only using mobiles then there won't be any charges for calls. Loss of free evening calls seems strange as there is (currently) no such package listed. Regarding your use of the term "overuse" - does that refer to exceeding your data allowance (ie you are not on unlimited)?
@Oldjim  -  Sorry for the extra work caused by posting while you were moving this thread.
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I have moved this to its own topic in Feedback as I have difficulty understanding the problem.
I will try to respond to bits of the post
Evening and weekend phone calls have not been removed - they are still part of the basic phone package
If you are reaching your usage limit and don't want to pay more why don't you change to the unlimited usage product or set your extra cost to zero
If you have a slow connection is this via wireless or wired - if wired have you raised a fault
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@mskenya
I can see that this has been discussed on ticket : 66579024. I can see that you've asked for a call, that may not be possible but let us see if we can answer your questions with out that if possible.
To clarify as you have an ADSL broadband service a phone line is needed to make that possible, the line doesn't need to be with us but does need to be a copper landline.
With regards to unlimited we've stated that you can move to this on a 12 month contract for £9.99 per month.
Regarding the change in evenings and weekends hours this did happen quite some time ago and we communicated this to our customers via email.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team