cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated New Customer

Jake5
Dabbler

Frustrated New Customer

So I decided to join Plusnet last Friday (7/5/10) on the Plusnet Extra broadband deal plus phone line. Every day since I have been checking my email inbox and the broadband tracker, all this time it has been stuck on stage two (checking my details). So last night I decided to raise a ticket and ask what was going on, this morning I get a reply saying an engineer will come round to my house on the 18/5/10. Now their had been no communication with Plus Net until I raised this ticket, not acceptable in my opinion as when I signed up they said they would keep me updated, how long would they have left it at stage two unless i asked what was going on?
So I rang customer support this morning to ask why an engineer was needed and they said something about activating the phone line, very vague, I asked if their would be any cost for the engineer, they said yes £49.99 (again they didnt mention this until I asked) the women I was speaking too put me on hold and then  came back to me saying that Plus Net would cover this cost as it was their promise that their would be no cost and they wouldnt go back on their word, great I thought.
Then unfortuneatley my phone ran out of battery ending my call, so I called them up again and got put through to a man,  he went through my account then he said WE would have to pay the engineer cost, I explained my conversation with his colleague and he just dismissed it all, saying they couldnt do such things unless a manager says so, the women hadnt left any record or notes on our account that we wouldnt have to pay!
So far the service hasnt even started yet and im fed up with Plus Net, your communication is appaling, not too mention customer services going back on their promises and not putting some sort of note on my account. The broadband tracker still shows stage two and It hasnt even been explained what the actual problem is!
Very annoyed so far.
13 REPLIES 13
Mand
Grafter

Re: Frustrated New Customer

Hi there,
I'm really sorry about the lack of communication here so far. There was a problem with order confirmation emails (we've rolled the fix for this today).
Further to this, our initial tests showed a stopped line (which we should be able to restart for free), however there is a routing issue which means an engineer is needed. I've added a note to your ticket to state that you will not be charged for the install.
The broadband checker will say checking your details until the phone order completes (we're planning to create a phone order tracker in the next few weeks, but as yet you can't check phone order progress via the member centre).
Jake5
Dabbler

Wow thats great Mand, I have seen a few threads on this forum and you all seem very helpful and informative.
Thanks alot for explaining what was wrong and clearing up the payment issue. I look forward to my service starting soon, thanks again.
Mand
Grafter

No worries, happy to help.
Once we've got the phone line up and running it should all be plain sailing. Smiley
torbayguy
Grafter

Interesting!
I was given that same excuse also, about the stopped line.
Then it changed to being Tiscali/talktalks fault, then BT....
BUT all along it was Plusnet!!
zubel
Community Veteran

@torbayguy:  whilst I understand you have an axe to grind, please refrain from derailing other threads with AOL style "me too" posts.
Thanks.
B.
torbayguy
Grafter

AOL style? erm is that ment to mean something?
And if I wish to post comments in a public forum, I will do.
Thankyou.
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: torbayguy
And if I wish to post comments in a public forum, I will do.

That's not necessarily true. 
B.
artificer
Grafter

on another forum i use, hijacking of someone else's thread is considered infra dig and we don't do it.  it leads to confusion.  posts considered irrelevant to the issue get shunted to the twilight zone.
Jake5
Dabbler

Ok so the engineer has just been round and sorted out the phone line, can someone from Plus Net confirm that my broadband and telephone order is back on track?
Jake5
Dabbler

BUMP for information.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
The broadband order has now been sent, it should get confirmed tomorrow (at which point we'll send you an email and update the order tracker).
Jake5
Dabbler

Thanks Mand.
Another thing, when the broadband becomes activated (in 5 or 7 days) will we also recieve the router that day? Or is that another wait after?
Mand
Grafter

You'll receive the router a day or two before activation.