cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For crying out loud: product changes

Be3G
Grafter

For crying out loud: product changes

Guess what: I've tried changing my broadband product and something has gone wrong. Again.
If you look at the link above, you'll see that my previous two broadband product changes have both caused problems. In fact, one problem from the previous change - the lack of referral discounts being applied to my invoices - is still outstanding, over two months later. And, it seems, Plusnet have tried as hard as they can to outdo themselves this time by giving us yet another problem to chew on: their good-for-nothing billing system has decided to charge us £83.85 for the change from BBYW1 10GB to Value. Furthermore, I was not even personally informed of this - I only discovered it because I went to look at my open questions and found a PN-raised internal ticket (which hadn't been e-mailed to me) saying that £83.85 needed to be refunded to me. No 'I'm very sorry Mr. Kuglin but it appears we've made a mistake and charged you an £83.85 upgrade fee incorrectly; we'll get this refunded to you ASAP' - just an internal ticket on my account that, if I'd been less diligent about things, I wouldn't have even discovered.
What appalls me though is how such a mistake can even take place. I mean, we're in a recession here - I imagine a lot of people's bank accounts are running rather close to the bone, and wouldn't even have a spare £85 in them to fund such a stupid mistake. Thankfully, I don't think the account we use to pay for our broadband is in such a position, but if it was...
Finally, I feel I should point something out. One of the reasons I initiated a move to Plusnet Value is because as things stood with BBYW1, I had eight and a half months remaining of my contract at £9.75 a month - which produces that total of £83.85. Whereas with Value, despite the need to start a new 12 month contract, it's only £5.99, which makes a total of £71.88. Where am I going with this? Well, quite possibly over to O2, to put it bluntly. I'm becoming increasingly fed up with having to deal with problem after problem with Plusnet... internet getting disconnected with product change last year, DD and referral problems with product change earlier this year, 21CN capacity issues, traffic management issues, this latest £83.83 issue... owning a Plusnet account is, these days, an often frustrating and rarely rewarding experience. Combine that with the poor ethics Plusnet now seem to have (12-month contracts for existing customers, suddenly forgetting the definition of 'unlimited'), O2's better reputation, the fact that I can get some good deals on O2, and my desire for an easy life, it's looking increasingly likely that we'll just pay off the remainder of our PN contract and move. Of course, we may not - there's always that old issue of inertia, particularly seeing as I have a number of e-mail accounts and a hosted website - inertia that, to be honest, is the main reason we didn't leave PN in the 'dark ages' a few years ago - but perhaps one day I will finally have enough... a day which is being brought increasingly closer by things like this latest mistake.
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: For crying out loud: product changes

Thomas,
I've tried giving you a ring.  Could you let me know when you are free to talk on the phone?
Be3G
Grafter

Ah, sorry James, I didn't answer as it was withheld (I only answer withheld calls if I already know who's calling) - if you want to try again when you read this then I'll be available.
James
Grafter

Hi Thomas,
Just toconfirm on here, it was nice to finally talk to you after all these years and I'm glad we managed to reach a suitable arrangement.
Again, I'm extremely sorry that this happened in the first place.