cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time ive ever phoned..............................................

cyberbid

First time ive ever phoned..............................................

and could well be the last! Dont get me wrong but over 20 minutes! come on. All i wanted was to change from Pro to Extra but this is proving more time consuming than painting my house right now. Not only that when i attempt to try to change it online it tries to make me purchase a landline option i dont even want so it refuses to go any further than that, that in itself is forcing me to do something i dont want to do, not a good way to sell your products plusnet!
Even tried the second number for a further 10 minutes and still nothing but music and sorry for making you wait blah blah. Is this what you all get when you phone?
4 REPLIES 4
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Re: First time ive ever phoned..............................................

My sister tried at least twice to speak to someone on Tuesday about business BB but gave up due to the length of time it took as no-one answered.
James
Grafter

Hi Mayfly & Cyberbid,
I'm sorry that you had a poor experience trying to call someone at our call centre.
I can honestly say that your experience yesterday was not what we would have expected.  97.24% of calls were answered within 8 minutes.  The longest wait for our front line staff throughout the day was 23m15s.  It looks like you called at a bad time, which of course is absolutely not your fault!  The simple fact is that with a call centre, no matter how well we resource it (without having agents sat twiddling their thumbs for long periods of times), there are always going to be peaks and troughs in the volume of calls that we receive, which are more of an impact in the evenings, due to our naturally having fewer staff in.
If you would like to, you can view http://csc.plus.net which will give you a fairly accurate indication as to how busy we are at that time.  If it looks like we're busy, it's quite likely to quieten down in the next 15-30 minutes, unless we're experiencing a regional/nationwide outage.
Again - my apologies for the amount of time that you both had to wait.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks James - I did keep my eye on that page for a while but it said there were 30 some odd calls waiting when I looked.
BTW I'm not sure the graph is working properly at one point yesterday was showing as a flat line as tho' you had received no calls at all for 18hrs and it's still showing the time as 20.00hrs for me now the same as last evening.

Edit: 3 minutes later it has now updated and is showing the correct time.
James
Grafter

Hi Mayfly,
I'm afraid that I'm not aware of any specific issues with the graphing.
One thing I would say would be to ignore the actual number of calls that are waiting and pay specific attention to the longest waiting time as that will give you a more realistic representation as to how busy we are. Obviously that's when the graph is updating!