cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre still not sorted

duncs
Grafter

Re: Fibre still not sorted

Well, noticed internet very slow again today.  Just did a BT speed test over ethernet, no other programmes running.  0.83mbs down, 2.14mbs up.  WOW, this Fibre is really worth the £20!!
Can SOMEONE SORT THIS OUT NOW!
Angry Angry Angry
mushy
Grafter

duncs
Grafter

Tried connecting using those instructions.  Got error message 678 "remote computer not responding" Huh
mushy
Grafter

Which operating system are you using ?
duncs
Grafter

Xp. I have vista on another machine but easier to use this one.
mushy
Grafter

I take it you are making connection by cable, couple of things to try, disable any firewall and try winsock fix (dont forget to enable the firewall again afterwards)
Failing that try making the connection on the vista machine
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html
duncs
Grafter

Will try that later but to be honest I'm reluctant to waste any more time on this expensive fiasco. I see my ticket has been updated with this old nugget (must be third time they've said this):
Dear Mr
Account username:
There's been a problem with processing your broadband order.
Once we've got more details, we'll deal with this and contact you if we need to.
If you've got any questions, please contact us using the Help Assistant:
http://help.plus.net/ or give us a call on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200.
Kind regards,
Plusnet Customer Support
http://www.plus.net/
Darn right there's been a problem processing my order. Gone through two billing cycles and I still don't have working fibre broadband. This was why I was reluctant to change from adsl - I wasn't on best deal but it was totally reliable. Warning for others here...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Ignore that ticket, that looks like a symptom of us changing the circuit identifier which Bob mentioned in his reply to the fault ticket, sorry for any confusion.
Really sorry to hear that the slow speeds are back, I've run some checks which indicates a possible issue with our suppliers (separate to that identified previously).
I'm going to go and speak to a member of our faults team to see if we can pick this up right now and get a report logged with our suppliers for you.
I'll make sure we keep you up to date.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Just taken a quick look at your account, would I be right in assuming that things sorted themselves out?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵