cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre install

newky
Dabbler

Fibre install

Just got my fibre installed and everything went just as it should.
Had a little hiccup my end until I realised my network extension (from my original 512k broadband) was actually a phone extension. A quick switch about and everything was fine :).
Getting 47Mb down and about 9Mb up. That's about what was stated, any way to boost it a bit more ;).
Thanks for the excellent service so far.
22 REPLIES 22
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Fibre install

Hi there,
It's a bit soon to tell at the moment, though given the length of your line (going by the 512k you mention) it's unlikely. See what happens over the next couple of days while the line goes through its initial training period and we'll see what it's like after that - at the moment we don't have any profile information to go on as it's all so new Smiley
newky
Dabbler

I was a bit too quick with the praise as well.
My phone is now dead, something has gone wrong and I need it fixed.
newky
Dabbler

Just realised my phone is now dead. Seems like another problem with PN switch over :(.
I hope it will be a quick fix, you obviously have problems with your system and it needs sorted.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

As I understand it, the Openreach Engineer should have tested the phone AFTER completing the Fibre installation, it's part of the installation procedure. Is your phone plugged in at the master socket or an extension socket ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

newky
Dabbler

It's plugged into the master socket and the BT engineer used it to phone out and do a line check.
It's now become dead sometime since about 10am. this morning.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
We've just checked on things and the order seem to be going through fine from our point of view, we can't see any ceases or anything put on the line. Is there any way you can get in touch with your previous provider and see if they've done anything there?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Topics merged and post thread in Home Phone removerd - so that the problems are all in one place
newky
Dabbler

Got this e-mail....
Hello David
Looks like something's gone wrong! BT have told us that your phone line has ceased.
Really sorry but we've had to suspend your BE service as we need an active BT line for our service to work; you'll need to get your BT line working soon (within 30 days) or we'll have to cancel your service.
To get BE again, you will have to pay a £10.21 reactivation fee, though we will waive this if you contact us within 7 days of deactivation. There may be a connection charge as well, if we need to get the BT guys
to plug your line into the BE network. Why has this happened? There's quite a few reasons actually: you might have moved house, changed your phone number, or you've cancelled your line because you
don't like BT anymore.
Please get in touch with us ASAP on 0808 101 3430 - we'd love to hear from you...even if it's just to say good-bye.
All the best
Everyone @ BE
So0 who has cancelled my phone line?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well, we only placed the transfer order today (around 2pm I believe) and it's due to complete on the 6th. That being the case we didn't own your phone line, therefore couldn't have ceased it.
EDIT: Just wanted to add, we've not seen anything about that on our systems so can't actually do anything to reactivate the line until we get that notification I'm afraid. Soon as we do we'll get on it and get everything working for you.
newky
Dabbler

Well, instead of the usual "it wasn't us" mentality I've noticed all over this forum, how about someone looks in to why my phone line has been cut off after the Plusnet fibre install?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As I said above - we can't even see that it's been cut off yet. As we're not the line owners we can't actually see anything to do with it - you'll need to ask your current phone provider why the line has been ceased.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: newky
Well, instead of the usual "it wasn't us" mentality I've noticed all over this forum, how about someone looks in to why my phone line has been cut off after the Plusnet fibre install?

It's not cut off. PN have "used" the MAC so Be are notified that your broadband is moving.
As they ONLY supply phone as an add-on to broadband you are being warned that the phone will cease too.
Their messages are not very helpful.  Cry
If the transfer goes well that's fine as it will presumably be taken over by PN well before that. You are moving your phone to PN as well?
As noted in another thread (PN really SHOULD be aware of all this by now and be able to advise people transferring from Be  Crazy ) if it gets into the last 10 days of Be's 30-day notice they then give BT advance notice to "really" terminate the phone line.
So in reality, PN have 20 days to get it all done, or YOU will need to ask Be to delay things.
ALTERNATIVELY There's a screw-up inside BT and the line really has been terminated.
Does the phone still work? Does your broadband still work?
newky
Dabbler

My phone is not with BE, so they or PN should not of been able to do this. Of course the BT engineer arranged by PN to supply my fibre connection probably would have access............
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

who was it with