cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre been pushed back THREE TIMES. What is going on?!

Gillfeesh

Fibre been pushed back THREE TIMES. What is going on?!

So, im a new member to Plusnet services and so far.... i've not had the best first impression.
Moving from Virgin Media because of the drops-outs and randomly slow speeds (annoyingly, its been good recently....)
So i ordered Plusnet about a month ago, ready for it to activate just as Virgin Media finishes. Which was the 30/1/16 which was the initial date my fibre was meant to be going forward.
Engineer came on the 28th, sorted out the socket and line and it was all A-OK! Great news! Then i realise i don't have the router yet.... this is the 29th, so i contact Plusnet via webchat whilst at work and ask when is it coming since i need the internet for the weekend for work. They said "Yes, your router should be there before your fibre starts on the 5/2/16"...... Confused, i question what they meant about 5/2/16 since on my email and my "questions" section on my account said it was to be active on the date we specified.... They tell me that there has been an issue and its now not going to be active until 5/2/16 and that i need to contact Virgin Media to extend my termination date if i want internet for the time between 30/1/16 to the 5/2/16... Annoyed but understood, i went on the phone to Virgin Media for 56 MINUTES!!! (which is partly why im trying to leave them) just to change my date to the 5th....
Saturday night roles up, 8pm, i receive a text stating that my service won't be active until 16/2/16?!?!
What on earth is going on?! Why am i being told several different dates constantly? I'm now going to have to contact Virgin Media AGAIN looking like a fool to change my date AGAIN and spend MORE MONEY ON MY PHONE BILL for being told FALSE INFORMATION.
This is a terrible first impression, i highly regret leaving Virgin Media now and wish i just stayed there. They were cheaper aswell.....
Where do i stand with this? Anything i can do to sort something out? Anybody have any advice? This happen to anyone else? Will it get pushed back AGAIN? Will i ever get their internet?
The annoying thing is is that i don't even use a house phone, if i couldn't, i wouldn't even have a phone line since i don't even have a house phone. I only use my mobile, yet i'll be paying for this service that i HAVE to have just because i want Fibre which i can't even use yet....
1 REPLY 1
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Fibre been pushed back THREE TIMES. What is going on?!

Hi Gillfeesh, welcome to the community forums!
Apologies if there has been any confusion around the activation date for your fibre service. When you initially signed up, we sent a welcome email which advised the following:
We're now processing your order, here's some useful information about your service.
What happens next?
==================

An engineer needs to install your phone service

This will happen on 28/01/2016 PM

Once your phone service is up and running, your broadband will normally be ready in a further 5-7 working days

Sometimes, circumstances beyond our control may alter your switch date. We'll keep you informed of any changes

Although I believe this shouldn't actually specify 5-7 working days with fibre due to it being dependant on engineer availability (And I have now flagged this up).
Following the completion of your phone order on the 28/01/16, your fibre order was placed and we advised the date we had selected for your order to complete (05/02/16) however following this our suppliers sent us a revised completion date of 16/02/16, which we notified you of on the same day.
Again, I do apologise if there has been any confusion surrounding the completion date for your fibre order, however this has only been pushed back once and when we received this notification from our suppliers, we notified you of the delay later the same day.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet