cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Upgrade!!

tonyf1

Fibre Upgrade!!

Hi,

Why does PlusNet keep sending me emails asking me to upgrade to fibre when it is not available in my area.

Surely PlusNet must know that it is not available in my area because if I go through the upgrade process it will not let me change my present deal.

5 REPLIES 5
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Fibre Upgrade!!

Although the system is not allowing you to upgrade have you checked just in case it's a system glitch.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/index.do

Brian

tonyf1

Yes I have checked. It has been saying that Fibre will be available in the next 4 months. Unfortunately it has been saying that for over 7 months now.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I sporadically get similar mailshots.  I live in a rural area that has had a rolling promise for fibre "within the next 18 months" for around 3 years now.  More recently it has moved into the "planning" stage with delivery scheduled for our area "between Summer 2018 and end of 2019".  So still some way off Cry

BUT.  It will be FTTP Cheesy which optimistically will be part of the product set in that timeframe.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@tonyf1

It's a well known fact that OpenReach dates should be taken with a pinch of salt. You could try your phone number is the following - if you look at the Exchange details and then Fibre Cabinets it lists the status of each cabinet and should give a date. Note that it's not up to date and any information cannot be considered 100% accurate. For example a new cabinet near me built to overcome some EO lines was over a year past it's "live" date before it finally came online.

https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm

The OpenReach site previously mentioned should show he current status of your cabinet. It has 8 defined stages.

As to why PlusNet keep e-mailing you I can't say but you should be able to check (and change) your contact preferences on your PlusNet Members page.

Brian

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @tonyf1,

I'm sorry to hear you've been receiving emails regarding upgrading to fibre despite it not being available on your line at the moment.

Having said this, I can't see any record of these emails on your account. Would you mind PMing Me a screenshot of the email you've received, including the address it came from so we can look in to this for you and pass feedback on regarding the marketing email process if these emails have come from us.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet