cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Installation....

avaratz

Fibre Installation....

Judging by several posts on here, it seems I'm not alone on this one.
Fibre install was set for the 31st (1-6PM). The guy phones me at 12:15 telling me he's outside (even though he had to ask me what my address was). I tell him there'll be someone in the flat from 1PM onwards as this is when the visit was set for, and he sounds a bit annoyed but says he will be there at 1PM.
1PM rolls around... no engineer. He didn't pitch at all.
Phoned Plusnet (who admittedly have in my eyes tried their best to help) who try to arrange an expedited installation date.
Nearly a week later and I still don't even have a confirmed date from OpenReach.
I often have to work from home and this is putting a bit of strain on me from my company Sad
As I said, I know you guys are doing what you can, but is OR really this bad? I wouldn't have switched if I'd down I'd have a 2 week downtime! And it doesn't help that I constantly see OR vans driving past my flat!
Any help would be appreciated...
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Fibre Installation....

Quote from: avaratz
but is OR really this bad?

Sadly they can be much worse!  You need someone from DCT on the case!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi avaratz,
Sorry to hear that your services were not installed on the date scheduled. I can see that we have one booked for you for the 14th June, is that date best suited for you or would you be available for an earlier date?
avaratz

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the reply.
As I said, your guys have been brilliant and really tried to push my date forward. But last I heard was that the 14th (which I advised was the only day next week I was available due to work commitments unfortunately) was only penciled in and yet to be confirmed by OpenReach. Could you confirm if OR has accepted the 14th? Also, will it be an AM or PM appointment?
Thanks very much.
dick:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

It's confirmed and accepted for the 14th 8am-1pm. Sorry for the delay.