cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Installation Problems

o2refugee
Grafter

Re: Fibre Installation Problems

Still not happy...The engineer came today and reset various bits including replacing the Huawei modem with the other type. He was happy that my download speed and profile was now about 57Mb/s according to his tester, but It does not work...Lots of problems getting an internet connection, red light on modem etc and when it eventually came back BT speed test says profile is 57Mb/s down and about 10Mb/s up... but... it says download speed is about 10 and upload about 8. That's not right! Is there anybody out there that knows what they are doing with FTTC?
Where do I go next? Did you say Virgin?
I am beginning to lose my patience - nearly 2 months of substandard or no connection and I still don't have a proper connection.
By the way since I got reconnected 2 of the other houses in the street lost their connections!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Unfortunately it doesn't look like what Matt had requested for you had gone to plan and the engineer went about the course of a standard SFI visit. I'm going to update this on the fault ticket explicitly and our faults team should pick this up from here and make sure that's pushed back to our suppliers obviously urging for the correct action to be taken this time.
I'll also be having a chat with one of the faults team managers to ask for an experienced faults agent to keep a close eye on this and to do all we can to make sure the correct actions are taken this time.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
o2refugee
Grafter

At last after about 2 months I have a reasonable download speed. I suspect many would have given up long ago.
There must be lots of lessons to be learnt from this especially by BT, but I don't think they care. I am amazed how primitive the maintenance systems are, requiring engineer's visit's for virtually anything.
I am now getting about 42 Mb/s down and about 9Mb/s up - a bit less than Plusnet's test of 55.5Mb/s down and 12Mb/s up, but at least it is now in the right ballpark, thanks toMatt and Adam's interventions.
I just need another small rebate for the extra month of reduced service Wink
By the way can anyone explain why the router no longer automatically starts the ppp internet connection when it is restarted, I need to login and start it up manually?

o2refugee
Grafter

I think we are there at last Smiley
51.94Mb/s download, 9.15Mb/s upload.
Just under 2 months to get there!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm really glad to hear things have improved for you.
I just need another small rebate for the extra month of reduced service

Sorted and detailed on ticket 72611942 for you
By the way can anyone explain why the router no longer automatically starts the ppp internet connection when it is restarted, I need to login and start it up manually?

The only thing I could think of is that a setting has changed, if you're not aware of anything that could have altered that I'd try a factory reset of the rotuer next.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kblackmore1

Registgration all seemed good, pick 3 dates, text messages confirming 9th Aug install, all looking good. Then it communications went all wrong, on the 6th Aug I receive a text message saying 'the broadband service isdue to go live on the 14th', OK I figured the install has moved.Fortunately I was in on the 9th and the Openreach engineer turned up, but only intalled the telephone line. No problem I thought, 14th is only 5 days away. Then on the morning of the 13th I receive an email saying, the broadband is being stalled 'TODAY'! Well of course I wasn't at home so I called in. 10 mins wait (not too bad) to be told oh yes, in order to be active on the 14th  the install happens on the 13th! Well that would have been great to know beforehand. Do I need to be on site I ask, 'I don't know but don't worry they will call you'. No call so I wait in on the 14th, no engineer turns up. No further emails or text messages and after a 30 min wait I get through today to be told the new date is the 29th.
I'm really not impressed and I won't be staying with plusnet any longer than my contract allows me to leave without being penalised, needless to say I won't be singing Plusnet praises, which is a shame as I've been a customer before an generally I've never had any problems getting through and/or with service overall.
My mum is on plkusnet for the broadband so I'll be moving that away also.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi kblackmore1,
Really sorry about that. It looks like we weren't getting reports back on the order (aside from the one you received advising of the 14th) which is why you weren't informed. I'm happy to say this is something our provisioning team is aware of, and they're working on changing the processes they use in order to prevent this from happening - unfortunately they're not ready to put in place yet, but we are addressing it.
If there's anything we could do to restore your faith in us please let us know.