cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback - let's have some!

busylizzie9

Feedback - let's have some!

Some weeks ago I had a problem with slow broadband speed.  The maximum I can expect is 2mpbs and under 1mpbs wasn't too good.  PN fixed this, I believe it was some incompatibility between PN and BT settings.  A few days ago I had the same problem, speed dropped to around 800kbps.  I noticed that the 'confirmed download speed is 1000k' on the BT speedtester site.  I raised a ticket and notice this morning that speed is back up to around 1.8 and the confirmed download speed has been altered to 2000k.  Presumably someone somewhere did something.  Is anyone going to tell me what they did?  How did the problem arise.  Will it happen again?
On a different topic I have to say that the PN web site is one of the worst I have come across. In order to report the problem initially I had to hunt around for ages to find the right section.  The second time I had, of course, forgotten what I did and had to hunt around afresh.  I have just checked to see if I could find the ticket and see if there is any comment about the problem being fixed.  Can't find it!  While I am no computer expert I am not totally clueless either and I suspect many people would just give up or phone a friend.  I don't have that much time to waste trawling through the jumble of information presented  .
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Feedback - let's have some!

Hi there,
There are a couple of disconnections showing in your connection logs over the past couple of days, it's likely that those caused the DLM system to temporarily lower the line speed. It's since picked back up again which is why you're back to 2000. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about this other than suggest that the router is plugged into the master phone socket and everything else plugged into the line is filtered, in order to minimise interference from internal wiring and devices.
With regard to the contact us system, you can use a shortcut link to get to the tickets page: http://contactus.plus.net
Hope that helps,
busylizzie9

Hi Matt
I find this hard to believe.  The router is plugged in to what I believe to be the master socket and everything else is filtered.  When I first got the Thompson router from you many months ago the speed was around 1.4 mpbs and for all that time we disconnected the router at night as it gets quite hot.  In spite of these disconnections speed was consistently around 1.4 and I  believed this was the best I could get.  Then back in May the speed suddenly dropped below 1mbps, I raised a ticket and someone at PN spotted the problem and rectified it.  Since then the router has been plugged in all the time except for one occasion when someone used the socket for something else.  Are you saying that the speed will automatically pick up if it is left plugged in all the time?  Is it just coincidence that I raised a ticket and the speed suddenly went back up to around 1.8 the very next day?  Someone somewhere is doing something and I would like to know what it is and why.
Herne

Hun if you want "difficult" in any way shape or form become a BT customer  Grin i stood thier nonsence  for the 18 month contract,  i was billed for a phone i never had and i could never get thier operatives to understand a word i said but that was fair as i never understood a word they said either  Grin
I have a slow exchange , 2 what nots are the most i can expect tho it did go up to 2445 shortly after being on Plusnet , you can tell im a techy by the terminology i use  Grin My speed goes up and down but at least these days one does not get shot  before one even picks up an AK 47 .
When i asked my previous provider why my speed had gone down to 775 he blamed my extention , tho when i plugged the laptop directly into the main phone outlet the speed did not improve, however the techy  developed perodic inaudia  and a brief period of low IQ  , eg not understanding me and adviseing me to ring back coupled with a bout of male PMT  . Being blonde and female does not make me stupid .
So far i guess im in the honeymoon period with Plusnet , lets hope it remains that way  Roll_eyes
The some one somewhere and the something ...BT once told a friend it was because he was near a graveyard and the ghosts interfered with the signal ..you think im jokeing dont you..im not