cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback from a leaver

creag

Feedback from a leaver

Last day as a long time Metronet customer (5+yrs) today.
Metronet was good to be with - a transparent business model, lots of proactive comms. on improvements/changes/outages, very few problems (I had 2 in total I think, and these were solved quickly and pleasantly by Jameseh and Mand Beckett).  I felt like a valued, individual customer.  And I didn't have to pay much more than the cheaper, poorer reputation competitors for that.
Unfortunately, in my opinion this is not true of Plusnet, hence the change.
Over the last 18m my monthly bill has increased by 50% to around £23  - I guess more the extra embedded ads/content on web pages rather than large changes in browsing/download habits. 
After finding out that there were more appropriate products in the range that could have saved me around £10-15 per month, I'm annoyed that Plusnet kept quiet and continued to milk my monthly revenue, rather than offer me some advice on changing. 
I realise that Plusnet is a business and is there to make money.  However, it needs to consider the short term (my £23 p.m.) and the longer term (losing all future revenue from me).
A pro-active, personalised communication (you have my contact details - and you e-mail me each month to bill me) to highlight an appropriate product and the likely lower cost to me would have resulted in me staying longer. 
Instead, I'm off to somewhere new.  Partly because of the product,  but mostly because I feel duped.
Sincere thanks and good luck to the ex-Metronet staff who are still around, and particularly to Jameseh in his new challenge.
Creag
6 REPLIES 6
James
Grafter

Re: Feedback from a leaver

Hi Creag.
Thanks for your feedback.
Generally we wouldn't proactive move people to new products, however, we do send out a newsletter every so often, which does generally tend to highlight our new products.  You may have seen the latest newsletter, which talks about our value product.
I am sorry to see you leave - there won't be any ex-metronet staff around in a couple of weeks though - I've been flying the flag on my own for about the last 3 years Smiley
deecee

Creag I couldnt agree more
I have been a Plusnet customer since it first started in the old pre broadband days and pay a hefty £30 per month for the privilege , for this i get a 30 gig download limit which gets a speed restriction applied when i attain 2/3 rds usage ?
I now see new customers get unlimited downloading for less than half my costs , it seems loyalty does not figure in Plusnets business plan . As for the vaunted news letters ????? what are they , i have never seen one since the first one years ago .
Sorry Plusnet youve lost it , Fastnet have a new customer on the way when i get my MAC address
mal0z
Grafter

The newsletters contain details of all new products.
Have you opted out of received these ?
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=modifyMailOptions
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Can someone help me please, I'm having trouble with my eyesight. I can't see where on www.plus.net it says that the products are available to new users only and are not available for existing users.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
scootie
Grafter

what about your insurance company do you wait for them to say we have a better deal and product and were moving you on to this now (dont think so) or do you have to hunt for there best deal your self  Wink
plusnet will not auto move you to new products as the legacy products do suit alot of customers and i thank plusnet for this as alot of ips's will just auto bump you on to new product and end the old one for old and new customers,
James
Grafter

Re:Feedback from a leaver

Hi,
It's never been our policy to arbitrarily make product changes for customers without their consent.  We also do expect our customers to check our products every so often.  It might be possible that you're not opted in for our newsletters?
Regardless of that - I am sorry that you feel misled and wish you all the very best with your new ISP.