Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about the Plusnet experience

dannyboy1121
Dabbler

Feedback about the Plusnet experience

I've just moved over to Plusnet.
The information BT provide about my line is quite out of whack as I was migrated to a new local exchange around 5 years ago &, for some reason, BT insist on retaining my old line stats for an exchange that's miles down the road and on some systems I'm still listed as being at the old exchange. Typically I get quoted a max of 4Mbps when in fact I get real world speeds of closer to 12 Mbps on ADSL 2+. This always causes me huge problems on the rare occasions when I move ISP. I've spent a lot of my time trying to engage BT but they couldn't give a fig.
So moving to Plusnet, I expected there to be some problems with setup & there were. It never goes smoothly for me. But the good thing is that I got to see what the support team were like. I always worry that the support experience of an ISP that resells a BT service is going to be poor - i.e. take the money & just hope BT get the provisioning right. Plusnet support have been excellent though. I didn't feel like I was being taken through a troubleshooting script & the support team listened when I explained the history of issues I've had with BT. Hey presto - ADSL up & running in a flash. Static IP allocated in seconds. rDNS setup in around 48 hours.
Well done.

5 REPLIES 5
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Feedback about the Plusnet experience

I watched these forums for a month before jumping from BE to Plusnet. I too was impressed by the level of support and while not perfect the guys are great  on here.
The only time I'd have to ring for support (a line fault) resulted in a five minute phone call to get the issue booked (which later sorted itself out anyway).
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Welcome to both PN & this excellent forum Dannyboy. You'll be glad to know that PN staff maintain their high level of excellence. Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The only thing I spotted in your original post dannyboy1121 was to do with rDNS. You had better check as it may show personal information you don't want it to, you can request it to be removed. It's a known issue that is supposed to be being addressed. I'll see if I can find a link to the topic.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Here it is http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,111524.0.html showing as a recent post now I've asked the question  Smiley
dannyboy1121
Dabbler

No problems with rDNS. They've set it up just as I've requested. Thanks for the concern though.