cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault finder

Trebor
Grafter

Fault finder

How effective is the Broadband fault finder?
Not very effective I would say.
I've had speed problems for weeks, I've gone through the process step by step only to be told it's a fault on my equipment, No it's not.
My next door neighbour has had the same fault, his ISP, Tiscali told him the same as Plusnet told me, after arguing with them Tiscali admitted that there is a fault on the line, BT have also admitted there's a fault on the line, today there are BT engineers pumping water out of the man hole cover so they can dry the wiring out.
What I'm most frustrated over is the fact that my replies are never read, all that happens is a button is hit to send an automated reply.

6 REPLIES 6
James
Grafter

Re: Fault finder

Hi Trebor,
I'm sorry that the BB Faults system wasn't able to identify your fault - it generates that information direct from BTs systems, which wouldn't have picked up on the issue either.
The problem with broadband faults, especially with the nature of a no synchronisation issue, is that it's difficult to determines whether a fault is caused by the line, wiring or the equipment itself.
Trebor
Grafter

I appreciate how difficult it is to identify faults, my concern is how easy it is for BT to generate revenue on call outs.
My neighbour went to the final stage of a BT visit, they concluded it wasn't their line casusing the problem and billed my neighbour for a call out, the engineer said he knew nothing about Broadband and was just checking the line, the manhole cover happens to be on my friends land, when he lifted the cover it  was him  that found an underground swimming pool.
As customers I feel we are in the hands of who ever we talk to at that point in time, if we get a good un' then all well and done, if we get some one going through the motions then we take our chances.

James
Grafter

If that were to happen with us, we would push for a further engineer visit and we wouldn't pass on any charges.
We'd also dispute them with BT.
Trebor
Grafter

That's hardly fair on you as the direct link to the customer, as good as your customer service are, the weak linkl will always be BT who seem to bo as they please while you try to smooth the ill feeling over.
adie:quote
James
Grafter

It's the way it works.
The SFI charge gets passed to us, so it's in our best interest to dispute it if we feel it's not a valid charge.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I hope Trebor's neoghbour got his money back.