cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault Response Times

johnglav

Fault Response Times

My land line will no longer allow me to make calls, only static to be heard. Broadband speed has dropped from a healthy 14 meg to 2.5 meg. Fault finding stalled at "use a corded phone", haven't had one of those for 10 years.
Phoned the Helpline on a Sunday morning, only to be told there was a 30 minute wait time. Decided not to proceed, as I only had my mobile with an intermittent signal in the house.
Raised  ticket 86445540 (not obvious to find a direct link on the website) only to find it had a 36 hour response time and that wasn't guaranteed.
Phoned Helpline again this morning, only to find the same 30 minute wait time at 8:00 in the morning.
What happened to the famed Plusnet customer service, I read about in my Which magazine?
5 REPLIES 5
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Fault Response Times

Hi johnglav,
Sorry to hear about the delays on the phone, we have seen an increase in calls of late and have established a new call centre in Leeds which has just to come on line to help improve the wait times. We know this is no excuse for the wait times however we're working to remedy it and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused in the meantime.
I'm going to pick up this fault for you and run a few diagnostic tests to see if there is anything that stands out on our side however it does sound like a phone fault which in turn has caused interference and dropped the speed of the broadband.
I'll post back as soon as I have the results and hopefully we should be able to get this matter for resolved a little quicker for you.
johnglav

Thanks for your prompt and helpful response Adam. Much appreciated.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi johnglav,
I've updated the support ticket you raised and have logged a fault for you, it seems that testing on both your Line and Broadband connection have returned a fault with a faulty earth connection which seems to be causing the issue.
Full details can be seen on ticket 86445540 and you should see updated here as the logged faults team track this.
johnglav

Thanks again Adam.
Service returned to normal (actually, slightly faster) on Thursday.
After a slightly slow start, Plusnet came through with flying colours!
Cheers,
John.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to hear this is all sorted now John!
Apologies for the late delay and thanks for taking the time to give us the feedback  Wink