cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False advertising....

timeless

False advertising....

23rd of March - I heard that fibre optic had now been activated in my area, so had a look on the PlusNet website and saw this was true, and for £19.99 a month (not including discounts) was very happy!
26th of March - I revisited the website, to double check the deal was still available, and to my joy it was still £19.99.. So I contacted PlusNet to make the order through a real person, to see about a new router, and ask what happens next and estimated linespeeds etc etc...
After that I was put through to the sales department and they checked and input the order and said it would be £26.49...  I contested, and said thats wrong, I'm looking at your website now with my full address and full telephone number and it is telling me £19.99... After a few minutes of "the price I see on my screen is £26.49 Mr Timeless"... I continued to contest, and in the end opened a support ticket with screen shots and asked him to look, which he did, to his amazement I was seeing £19.99 for unlimited etc etc...  I proceeded to take another screen shot, and added that too...  As he was unable to assist, as it was something he couldn't do without proper authorisation, I was advised to open a complaint ticket...
28th of March - Still no reply to the complaint, however tech support tickets that have been added to today have been responded to very quickly (under an hour mostly), I have today actually gone ahead with the order up until the final payment page, and added screenshots of the whole process proving I can get unlimited fibre optic for £19.99 a month (not including discounts)...
I would add more details, but I wouldn't wish it to be exploited if it is infact an "error"...  However, still doesnt stop the fact that what was advertised for this address, house, and phone number isn't being upheld... And it should be considering I could just pay for it now, but would be much easier to just transition it...
Couple of extra things...
PlusNet have been excellent since I first joined them a couple/few years ago... Couldn't say anything wrong against them... Phone support, and the online ticket support has always been quick, and answered/resolved quickly too.... Maybe it's different for complaints tickets, but surely they should be dealt with equally?
Anyway... I made this post as it seems these forums are replied to and responded to much quicker than through the ticket system....
This is in regards to ticket numbers:
Question #67555908
Question #67555376(this one has all the screenshots attached)
29th of March - Have recieved a reply to the complaint, PlusNet have honoured the deal as it is something I could order.  Many thanks to PlusNet.
Also their developers are looking into the issue... 
Thanks again guys.
5 REPLIES 5
picbits
Rising Star

Re: False advertising....

It says "From £19.99" on my screen.
Do you know if you're a market 1 or market 3 customer as they are charged at different rates ?
timeless

It does... BUT I can process the order... Hit "Proceed" after I have entered all my card details in.... I can actually purchase it... I know about "from £x" etc... I can actually buy it online for that.... I could do it now, and have uploaded screenshots to prove it...
Thing is, I wanted to do it over the phone, and not have to "make a new account" kinda thing... A nice transition from one to the other
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

You are aware that the Broadband is £19.99 and the extra is for line rental package? If your landline is a BT-based service you need to choose the broadband-only option to leave your line rental with your present supplier.
timeless

Jaggies... Yup, completely aware.... My phone and internet are both through PlusNet... Which is why I wanted a smooth transition from current internet to fibre...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry to read about the issues you had here and that you got that deal honoured.
Please let me know if there's anything else we can help with.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team