cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake prices

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Fake prices

Has anyone noticed in "product change" in the members area anything similar to this:

"Out of contract price" £29.99 (includes line rental) - select

Call plans - select

Summary page broadband £15.99, line rental £18.99, talk eve/wkend 0.00, total £34.98

So how can the price be £29.99 inc line rental, that's fake.

25 REPLIES 25
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Fake prices

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @ukguy1, thanks for getting in touch.

Would you be able to provide a screenshot of this so we can look into this further for you.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Thanks for posting this !

I've just checked as my bill has gone up the last two months and I have the same!

According to the screenshot I should be paying £31.99, I've been billed £39.98 last two months.

When can I expect a refund for the difference for the last two months and for my next bill to be fixed?

Product change doesn't let me change anything as it's the same product.
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @ScottStorey,

Thank you for getting in touch.

After checking your account, I have created a ticket with an explanation of your bill as I'm afraid I can't provide account specific information on here. You can access it here and feel free to get back in touch if we can be of further assistance.

Thanks again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
ScottStorey
Pro

Hi Lewis,
Did you look at the attached screenshot? Based on your reply it seems you haven't.

You've also provided no more information than I had already provided.

To summarise, I'm currently being charged £39.98, I've tried to change package, it gives me a price of £31.99 for out of contract, it won't let me change to this as it's my current package.

You are charging me £8 more for the same package, but you are forcing the higher price.

This isn't a customer options team problem to solve.

Plusnet keep getting pulled up for billing problems like this by customers, ASA and ofcom.

All I'm asking for is for you to charge me the price you are advertising to me.
ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Well said

Same here, I want charging the price shown, not the higher price. That’s fake advertising and if not sorted I’m reporting you.

I’ll get a screenshot too and upload
ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

OK here's my screenshots

£29.99 is my "current product" which includes line rental (but I pay £34.98 )

If I "keep" that fake price, with no call package, my price on the next screen is what I'm paying.

Please adjust my account asap to £29.99 if that's what it should be, especially as new customers pay £23.50 and I've been with you over 15 years.

Otherwise I'm taking this further as this is fake advertising.

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 20.42.01.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-04 at 20.42.43.png

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Jubby,

Whilst you cannot disclose account specific information you ought to be able to explain the generic principles of how / why people are being charged differently to what the product change journey reports ... and what can / cannot be done to rectify the perceived difference.

All of this hiding of issues behind a thin vail of DPA needs to cease please. It does not engender trust nor support learning and self help.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

@ScottStorey 

I'm on standard fibre, it offers me the upgraded fibre for £31.99, the ironic thing is if I select that to change package it lets me have it at £31.99

It's stupid as they charge me £34.99 for a lower package!!! 

So the system thinks I"m paying £29.99 and offers me an upgrade which is cheaper than what I'm actually paying...

Definitely some dodgy pricing tactics going on, no point in me upgrading to fibre extra as we can't get faster speeds, but if I did upgrade I would actually save £3/month!

I'm not upgrading into a contract though as all this is very dodgy and my trust in Plusnet now has gone to rock bottom.

ScottStorey
Pro

@Townman hope you are well.

To be clear, it's absolutely nothing to do with DPA and is a hiding tactic.

Attached is the content of the ticket and "confidential" information.

The superusers need to raise this again with plusnet as they are showing complete disdain for the community.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) amended attached image to remove CSA name as per Forum rules

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Scott,

I completely agree with you. We have raised it before. A new team leader has just appear on the radar ... so I fired this question at him!! Cheesy Cool

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Has anyone seen an "out of contract price" on that screen that isn't £29.99? I have a different product, and that is the price displayed, but it seems strange that so many different product have the same out of contract price.

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Yes, someone above has the extra package and pays £39, the out of contract price shows £31.99

Interesting as I see £29.99 (pay£34.99) and it offers me the extra at £31.99

Yet the guy above pays £39.

So it’s not just a static price coded into the page by mistake by the dev, it’s dynamic.
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

That's interesting. I hadn't thought that it was a static field, but I did wonder whether the code was always referencing the same database entry regardless of product. It seems not, so it is a more substantive bug.