cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to Set-Up Service

erica187

Failure to Set-Up Service

After waiting at home for a third time for an engineer to complete the set up of my broadband, I have once again been informed by "customer service" that instillation will not happen (again) today.  A brief timeline of the horrible experience I've experienced:
June 22nd - Ordered Service; Booked installation for July 8th
July 8th - No engineer showed up; Upon calling customer service I was informed the appointment was cancelled (WITHOUT notifying me) as the phone line hadn't been set up yet; rescheduled installation for
July 20th - PlusNet did not provide the full address to the BT engineer; Spent two hours on the phone trying to come to a solution, but none reached.  PlusNet indicated they re-booked the engineer visit for the 3rd of August.
August 3rd - Waited at home; when I had not heard from an engineer I called customer service to be informed I was never confirmed for an appointment today.  I have now been informed that I have had an appointment booked for the 5th of August after spending nearly an hour on the phone.
At this point, I am beyond frustrated.  I signed up for PlusNet as my new flat mate had PlusNet previously and was very happy with the service.  I now am left regretting my decision.
After the most second day I spent home I attempted to cancel the service only to be informed because it had been longer than 14 days since I had ordered this was impossible without a £200 fee.  I question how this clause in your terms and conditions would ever be interpreted as fair and reasonable by a court of law.  I was not attempting to cancel service that had been installed or working, but to cancel service which PlusNet has repeatedly failed to provide.
I would like to know what PlusNet intends to do to ensure customers receive the service they have paid for and to remedy a situation where they failed to provide good honest broadband and do anything but make Yorkshire proud.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Failure to Set-Up Service

Hi erica187,
Sorry to hear about the issues you've brought to light in your post here.
I will be taking the time to go through the course of events here to see why this has happened.
Rest assured I'll be passing on some feedback to our suppliers with regards to the address issues and the missed engineer visit.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
erica187

Just to notify you - I again waited at home today for the engineer to NOT SHOW UP.  According to online chat, the installation was re-booked to next week without informing me.  Again, unacceptable.  Online chat unable to provide more information so I am now wasting more of my time on the phone waiting to speak to someone.
Ultimately, I just want internet.  You are an internet provider.  I don't understand what is the issue and why no one seems able to help or cares.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I'm really sorry to hear there have been further problems with this.
When we called our suppliers on 03/08/15 to get an escalated appointment booked in for us, they confirmed it had been booked for today between 8am and 1pm. Checking the order today I can see that a new appointment is showing for the 13th, however we were not notified of this either and I do agree this is unacceptable.
Due to the fact there has been further problems with this appointment, I believe we should be able to get this brought forward from the 13th if there's any week day sooner that is convenient for you.
Again, I do sincerely apologies for the inconvenience you are experiencing and I can assure you that we do care and we are trying to help. If you can let me know if you want me to try and bring the date forward I'll get straight on to our suppliers to discuss this with them.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet