cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to Provide Fibre Broadband Service

BobthebuilderNI

Failure to Provide Fibre Broadband Service

I am absolutely disgusted with your service.  At the moment I consider your service to be fraudulent and looking at what legal proceedings including criminal that can be taken against you.  First of all I ordered your service (phone and fibre broadband) on 13th November 2015 with a given activation date of 27 November 2015.  You provided the telephone service on 27 November 2015 but failed to provide the fibre broadband!. I then called you support service on Tuesday 1st December 2015 to find out why the fibre broadband service was not activated!. I was informed that the fibre broadband service was cancelled by Plusnet NOT myself on 16 November 2015 and could not give any explanation as to why Plusnet had cancelled the order.  The order was then placed again by you on 1st December 2015 after I complained of non connection, taking the fact that it after my complaint you discover your mistake!  I was then given a activation date for the fibre broadband of 8th December 2015.  Today via Plusnet email I learn the date has now changed to 14 December 2015, THIS IS DISGUSTING AS THE ORIGINAL ORDER DATE WAS 13 NOVEMBER 2015!. I had requested no router, intend to use my own router, therefore I am awaiting no equipment from you!. PLEASE EXPLAIN NOW WHY THE SERVICE CANNOT BE PROVIDE FOR ANOTHER WEEK AND WHY THIS WILL HAVE TAKEN OVER A MONTH TO PROVIDE A SERVICE FIRST REQUESTED ON 13th NOVEMBER 2015.  I CAN NOW ASSURE YOU THIS MATTER WILL NOW BE REPORTED TO OFCOM.
8 REPLIES 8
lmewarrants

Re: Failure to Provide Fibre Broadband Service

sounds familiar. o ordered on 17/11. I had to chase plusnet to find out that my order was lost by the automated system. on 7/12 i phoned again to learn that there was no progress as existing provide had not responded to request. I seem to have to chase everyhing and still no service.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

To be honest the time scale doesn't sound unreasonable, but PlusNet  could have been more proactive with their communications. For example they should have contacted you when the original date for service was in jeopardy. A lot of their problems arise from poor communications/delivery from OpenReach - the sibling part of BT who do the set up of fibre/broadband services, but PlusNet should be prepared to handle those failures.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

You have my sympathy for your plight .
However you will need a router compatible with VDSL, a standard ADSL router will not work. If you are having an engineer install then PN  will supply the BT Modem for the VDSL link  and you will need a "cable" router to log into your service .  A standard ADSL router will not log you in to Plus Nets service. All this info can be found on the Plus Net web site.
Also bear in mind that delays with installing internet & phone services an be due to  a mulititude of technical problems despite what apears to be a straightforward process, many things can and do go wrong through no fault of the ISP. Their failure to keep  customers informed of these hold ups is what we need to complain about .
Finally,  you are posting in a user discussion  forum, If you want to complain you should try sending  your complaint to Plus Net directly.  Members of this forum can discuss and advise with your problems and Plus Net Staff may follow them up as well but there isn't a gaurantee that they will,  so don't be surprised if your post here produces only sympathy & advice!
Good luck with solving your problems.
bales1983
Grafter

Unsure on that, I had a engineer install yesterday and a new split nte5 faceplate was fitted but they do not supply fibre modems any longer. By selecting the no hardware option now you are agreeing you already have a vdsl capable router Smiley
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I knew the fibre modems were due to be phased out. Interesting to know that has now happened!
BobthebuilderNI

Quote from: AlaricAdair
To be honest the time scale doesn't sound unreasonable, but PlusNet  could have been more proactive with their communications. For example they should have contacted you when the original date for service was in jeopardy. A lot of their problems arise from poor communications/delivery from OpenReach - the sibling part of BT who do the set up of fibre/broadband services, but PlusNet should be prepared to handle those failures.

The timescale from order to the activation is not unreasonable.  But were PlusNet fail miserably is the communication, which leads to frustration from the customer.  PlusNet failed on three occasions:
1. Failed to deliver the fibrin the first date of 27 November 2015.
2. The fact that after I observed that the connection of the fibre was not completed on 27/11/2015; complained and only then PlusNet observe that the original order had been cancelled by their system and would need to reorder.  This appears from the forum a constant failing in their system and something that needs to be rectified urgently.
3. Given then a second completion date of 08/12/2015 which PlusNet CSC verbally tell me was incorrect information.  However they issued this information verbally and within the ticket.  How hard is it to get the correct activation date.
snkobs

I'm in the same boat.  Took order and advanced payment for phone line and fibre.  Given date of 16th December for changeover.  On 16th December Plusnet took over the phoneline but failed to deliver any internet.  Fibre order had been cancelled in their system as not available (although they said it was when they took the order), but despite knowing this, no one thought to let me know of stop the cancellation of my existing broadband.  On 17th December it was agreed that the quickest way to get internet was to go for ASDL not fibre and then upgrade later.  When chased on 21/12, was told fibre order not yet cancelled - now aiming for 12th January, so no ASDL order has been processed.  Will now take 2 days to cancel fibre order then 5 working days to connect - new date of  early January given due to Christmas.
Conned into taking out contract for phone and broadband on the basis they said fibre could be supplied.  Going to love giving my son his new gaming PC for Christmas along with an apology that he can't use it until January - Merry Christmas Son  Angry  No access to on demand TV, Netflicks, xBox live, You tube etc.  The whole reason for upgrading to fibre just before Xmas. 
Waited 40 minutes in a queue for telephone support, then spent over an hour on the phone to conclude that although entirely Plusnets fault, then are unable to do anything to connect me in time for Christmas.  Will be joining in reporting to OFCOM as no one should have the right to cancel a service on my behalf and then not deliver in providing that service at the same time. 
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@BobthebuilderNI - I'm glad to see you're now online, although I'm sorry to see your speeds are currently below the estimates for your line.
I have re-raised this with our suppliers for further investigation.
@snkobs - Happy to see you had some sort of connection over Christmas, albeit ADSL. Unfortunately the case handler for your complaint is unwell and is not in the office, therefore I have left an update on the ticket on his behalf.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet