cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Installation

Exdee
Grafter

Re: Failed Installation

I have scanned for wifi and can see two BTWifi a.k.a BT Openzone Wifi hot spots in my vicinity. The least you guys can do is get me a voucher meanwhile?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I'm glad a new appointment has been offered by a call directly to you. Being totally honest the 30th may well have been the very soonest available date. If we can get an appointment booked in I can try to get our suppliers to expedite it but I don't want to set an expectation that would be likely.
The least you guys can do is get me a voucher meanwhile?

We don't supply such vouchers but we will of course look to give you a gesture of good will following the install.
EDIT:
just a quick update to say that I've checked your order and the 30th is the very soonest date we're able to offer you. That's been temporarily reserved as what's called a "tentative appointment" which with your say so can be confirmed by us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Exdee
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
We don't supply such vouchers but we will of course look to give you a gesture of good will following the install.

Customer service is thinking out of the box. It's not about what your little handbook says. I am just throwing in ideas but a better reply from you could have been that 'this is not something we do at the moment but will certainly look into because Openreach have a habit of screwing us'. But hey you don't care do you. Your internet is working. Even if it wasn't I am sure a same day appointment with Openreach could be arranged.
Roll_eyes
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: Exdee
I was observant today and looks like some calls come through fine and others don't display the number. I am guessing that international calls just appear as 'calling'. Can somebody confirm this please? 

Hi Exdee,
I have noticed of recent times an increasing number of calls coming through which simply report "Incoming Call" and leave no record of the call on my phone's call history.  I did some tests from my mobile.  CLI was correctly reported as my mobile phone is configured to deliver caller ID.  However if I put 141 in front of the dialled number I saw only "Incoming Call" as above.  I conclude that something has chnaged "out there" such that some with-held numbers report "Incoming Call" whilst others report the more familiar "Withheld - private caller" or "International out of area", which by the way are logged in the phone's call history.
Not an answer, but I HTH.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Exdee
Grafter

Thank you for your input Townman. It is kind of annoying. I tend to get a lot of International calls and it was a nice way to tell them apart. Going by your post I am assuming that it was not this way before and something has changed recently. Do you think this is worth bringing attention to and if so how?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Customer service is thinking out of the box

I understand fully what you're saying, it's not a case that we wouldn't consider a good will gesture but we're limited as to what our means are of doing so.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Exdee
Grafter

Hello hello,
I've got my third appointment tomorrow now. I have been reading about the 40/10 issue and wonder if some kind soul can check that I am on the correct 80/20 profile. I think it's takes 1 working day to rectify. I just don't want any problems this time.
Lips_are_sealed
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi,
I've checked and you've been provisioned on the higher and correct product. Let us know how it goes.
Exdee
Grafter

Engineer just been. He was here for 6 minutes.

Joshua from MJ Quinn gets top marks. It's amazing the difference a talented individual can make. I think it's time to close this thread. I hope I don't have to be in touch now re adjusting my next bill to reflect the late broadband activation date.
I am sorry if I was a bit rude but I hope you guys understand my frustration regarding this.
Happy days Smiley
kuga
Grafter

Could you send him round to me
sounds just like the man we would all like to come and do our installation
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Exdee,
Glad to see that your up and running on fibre, I've added to the ticket that Adam has created on your account regarding the refund I've done to account for the delay in activation.
You can view your tickets at https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
If there's anything else please let me know.
Exdee
Grafter

Quote from: kuga
Could you send him round to me
sounds just like the man we would all like to come and do our installation

I wish it was up to me! Openreach wouldn't be such a mess if it was.
Quote from: chrispurvey
Hi Exdee,
Glad to see that your up and running on fibre, I've added to the ticket that Adam has created on your account regarding the refund I've done to account for the delay in activation.
You can view your tickets at https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
If there's anything else please let me know.

Thank you sir