cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP packages

filipole
Dabbler

FTTP packages

I just went on FTTP and the really happy with the line speed.
However it appear to be considerable confusion with CS what packages are on offer.
And this is something I don't understand. To me billing and connection setup are two different things.
Why can't plusnet apply any package to FTTP?
And more to the point, with FTTP trial finishing soon, when we will have list of what's available?
More to the point, I am after Business Option 3, but was told I can't currently have it, which doesn't make any sense to me - I have fastest connection available and I can't use it to the full potential
PS Not sure if the topic belongs here or billing
23 REPLIES 23
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: FTTP packages

However it appear to be considerable confusion with CS what packages are on offer.

Sorry for any confusion, I'll feed that back as to my awareness we're offering the same packages as FTTC for this at present.
Why can't plusnet apply any package to FTTP?

A number of considerations such as traffic management and how much bandwidth is offered means that we don't offer fibre against all of the packages that we offer.
when we will have list of what's available?

We're not yet at a stage where we can publish that but that will be made available to you ASAP.

Re business option 3 that is only offered as an ADSL package, assuming you were meaning that you wanted to have this along with your FTTP connection?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
filipole
Dabbler

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

We're not yet at a stage where we can publish that but that will be made available to you ASAP.

Re business option 3 that is only offered as an ADSL package, assuming you were meaning that you wanted to have this along with your FTTP connection?

Hi Adam,
thank you for the answers.
Yes, I would like running FTTP and billed as per business option 3 (unlimited, static address, etc)
prichardson
Grafter

Hi Filipole,
We can provide FTTP on our Business packages. Raise a trial query at http://trials.plus.net/
Bear in mind that the Business packages are designed around ADSL/ADSL2+ services and we do not have a FTTP/FTTC service as of yet. Traffic management and other features will apply according to the standard product definitions.
If you have multiple IPs, you will need to utilise your own connection router though (high performance Ethernet WAN router with PPPoE), as we do not supply equipment capable of utilising more than one single static IP.
filipole
Dabbler

Hi Phil
thanks for the response... Good news Smiley I will rise a query.
dick:quote
jonnywishbone
Grafter

Gone over my meesly 60gb yet again with just two days to go until a reset.
I would like to upgrade my package whilst on the mk fttp trial, please help me as i cannot do this online!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi jonnywishbone,
You could move to the current Extra fibre package for a usage of 120GB. This would be £21.49 per month instead of your current £11.49. We'd have to do that from here though so let me know if you want it doing?
Jojo Smiley
jonnywishbone
Grafter

Yes please Smiley
jonnywishbone
Grafter

Could you make it happen with immediate effect as I am already on 62gb with two days to go and I can'y do anything online!!! Unless i pay for it in muliples of 5gb a time.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi jonny,
Change has now been made for you, enjoy Smiley You might need to reboot the router though.
jonnywishbone
Grafter

Sweet,
Thanks guys, keep up the good work Cheesy
hmarshy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'm confused, I thought the 120GB package was only available for FTTC customers and not FTTP trialllists.
Has this changed?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's not that it's not available, though it will mean an increase in the amount that's being paid for the service along with the increase in usage (not that we have a problem with that of course Smiley )
filipole
Dabbler

Gone over 120G limit with 2 days to go.
Not happy
What it is a point of fast connection, as it can be used as intended?
Before anyone start wondering, I don't do P2P or download video, however I do work from home with video confs, VoIP, have IPTV setup box - all "normal" i-net activities, which can't be moved to night hours as help line suggested.
Before joining PN I was with Skype on unlimited package for 10GBP/m, now I pay 2.5 times more for a faster internet, which I can't use at the moment Sad
Will speak to CS Monday, but looks like the only option for me is BT - they do unlimeted for 35GBP/m as far as I can see (including free WiFi spots)
PN, get your act together! Review the packages. 
x47c
Grafter

Rather off topic..but I couldn't resist,sorry
You speak like a true investment banker
You already have more in terms of speed and usage allowance than most could ever dream of or have any possibility of getting under current BT plans.
But you insist that you should be given even more usage allowance by re-jigging the bands, and given that Plusnet will be buying a monthly block data allowance from BT that 'more' will have to be taken from that currently used by the 'rest'.
.......and unless you are given more you are going to leave.