Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Matters

Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

FTTC Matters

To whom it may concern,
Just a thought, but could it be worth setting up a specific FTTC topic within say the Broadband & Routers section (or a FTTC section of its own)?
I see quite a number of posts being moved from the FTTC Trials section as FTTC is no longer a trial as such (although some users may think it is still on trial).
I have a FTTC connection & am interested in reading other users' feedback / issues.
Unless users include "FTTC" in their thread titles, I have to look at each thread, just to make sure I am not missing anything.
I suppose this could also help for ADSL users too as they then wouldn't have to bother looking at FTTC issues (unless they wanted to).
Paul.
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: FTTC Matters

Hi Baldeagle1,
We don't differentiate between the posts as at the end of the day FTTC is still broadband and any diagnostics or advice offered is very similar to ADSL.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ffox
Pro

I agree with Baldeagle  - a specific FTTC section would save me a lot of time too.  I  can't agree with your point, Adam. There are significant differences between ADSL and VDSL, eg installation, equipment, profiling and problem chasing.
amcclean
Rising Star

If there was seperate form it would save reminding me that my exchange is, according to BT's reply to my local MP in response to my letter, not on BT's current or future plan of upgrading 1050 exchanges.
It was one of the first to get upto 8mb so there must have been some reason to trial that here just frustrating that they have no plans to update to fftc or fftp.
I would vote to start a new forum to make those of us stuck on lesser equiped exchanges a feeling of continued inadequacy.
podman
itsme
Grafter

Why do people think it a 5 minute job to upgrade? It taken several years to upgrade to digital TV and the number of transmitters that needed upgrading to the number of  BT exchanges and street cabinets is no comparison.
x47c
Grafter

Well I'm still waiting for ADSL2+............let alone FTTC