Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK NEEDED - Homepage

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: FEEDBACK NEEDED - Homepage

@Anonymous wrote:

It really doesn’t need much doing to it to be honest, but for what their worth here are my observations.

Chances are most of your customers will read from right to left so can I suggest that the BB Availability checker goes on the right and the view BB packages on the left. i.e. swap their positions.

I don't see much point in changing the layout (especially as the BB Availability checker view BB packages are as Mook suggests), though I find slide-show graphics irritating in the extreme and feel similarly about random (usually irrelevant) graphics. What is definitely not needed is MPA* tiling (including over-size "buttons"); it is just a space waster for non-touch screen systems.

Phil

* Mobile Phone Addict

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@PlusnetLiam

Unfortunately this thread highlights the complete difference in attitude when it comes to improvements for existing customers compared to new customers. Despite numerous posts supporting the re-instatement of the Line Speed/Profile checker in this thread, the response to the request from existing customers was dismissed on the basis that the facility was no longer useful. The facility is still available, just harder to find. The effort/resource to put the link back surely cannot be significant. Yet Plusnet seem unwilling to make such a minor change whereas changes to attract new customers get higher priority.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Most new customers come to PN because of the free BB or cash back offers !!

Otherwise they would have no reason to look at PN home page

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

OK - here's some honest feedback:

Give equal prominence to the upload speed on Plusnet Fibre as you do to the download speed.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
grahamt
Rising Star

Seconded, for what it's worth. Upload speed needs to be made clear upfront, not halfway through the signup process. But I suspect that's a marketing decision, not a web design issue.

Also, it's amusing that the first link in the 'Existing Users' section (which isn't very large, is it?) is to 'Your monthly broadband usage'. If you've been following the debates in the fibre forum you'll know that many people haven't been able to see their usage for months because, bizarrely, measuring (or is it just displaying?) usage results in packet loss for users on the new network. This doesn't seem to be an urgent problem, as there has been no feedback on it for ages.

Overall, I agree with the people who have made the point that looking at the Plusnet home page only serves to remind existing users that they're not getting the deals offered to people switching from elsewhere. Somehow I can't see that changing. You'd be better off going to an external and asking people who are not currently Plusnet customers what they think of the website.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Being new and not yet a customer, (I'm waiting to be switched from another operator). It was the ease of navigation through PN's homepage that made my mind up to join. Smiley

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

One thing which definitely needs linking from the home page is the costs of the various phone packages as at present they can't be found except by starting the order process

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I really only go to the homepage if I want to access my account or this forum from work, and then go straight to My account or Community.  When I was considering joining PN I had no difficulty finding what I wanted, or signing up, with the current design.

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Saw this thread and had already decided to add a comment which simply echoes what jelv has said. Be open and honest and tell people clearly that their vdsl upstream connection will be 2Mbps unless they afford and can achieve 80/20.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

There are a lot of people who would like to see the Upload speeds advertised clearly !!!

All ISP seam to hide this fact Huh

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
PlusnetLiam
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Thanks @maranello - let me look into this a little, I wasn't involved in the original decision but we'll dig into it a little & come back to you.

courtjester1

You could remove all reference to "Award Winning Customer Service" when that is a blatant over-representation. I don't know who sets these awards or why or on what basis but they can't be a Plusnet customer, nor can they have experienced trying to get through on the phone...... or using the customer service pages to try and contact someone, which runs you in diminishing circles until you reach the page which says "phone us....."

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

The award envelopes were guarded by PwC who swapped the envelopes.  The award for best customer service should have gone to Moonlight, not PN (aka La La Land).