Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK NEEDED - Homepage

PlusnetLiam
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

FEEDBACK NEEDED - Homepage

Morning guys!

We're starting to think about refreshing our www.plus.net homepage considering it's not had any TLC for a good few years.

Before we do that, I'm really keen to get a view from you guys about what you want from a homepage - do you use it as existing customers? What sort of information would you find useful on there as a customer? What examples of companies you use that you think have a good home page could you share?

It'll really help us feed in to the initial conversations.

Cheers!

Liam

27 REPLIES 27
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: FEEDBACK NEEDED - Homepage

Which home page as I assumed it was referring to this one https://www.plus.net/

PlusnetLiam
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm referring more to the actual plus.net homepage but always happy to hear feedback on here, too!

PlusnetLiam
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Beat me to it Jim! Sorry, I'll edit to make it clear.

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

FWIW I would suggest that there are higher priority issues than tidying up the member centre home page. A bit like re-arranging deckchairs on the Titanic.

However, as a more constructive response could I ask for the Plusnet Line Speed page link to be restored.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
PlusnetLiam
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks @maranello - there's lots going on but we're just looking into whether this is something that can be done & whether it's of value. 

To be clear, I'm referring to the actual www.plus.net homepage rather than Member Centre, though (that DEFINITELY needs some work!)

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

It all looks fine to me. It's simple to navigate, easy to understand and functional. Why fix it if it,s not broken? Yes I am fairly new here but had no problem with navigating the home page when looking for options. I'm happy with it as it is, just my opinion. Cool

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@PlusnetLiam

Thanks, I appreciate the clarification. However, I'm now even more disappointed that this is seen to be more of a priority than improving the facilities, reliability of service and access to customer support for existing customers. 

But since the homepage is there to be seen by potential new customers, I see little of value as an existing customer.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

TOO much Pinkness Sad  colour needs to be changed .

PN need a new corporate colour

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Looks fine to me and seems to work well enough although I rarely visit.

I can't see the corporate colour changing any time soon as it's quite an expensive project.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Yet again a demonstration that a high priority is gaining new customers as when keeping existing customers happy doesn't seem to get the same focus!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really doesn’t need much doing to it to be honest, but for what their worth here are my observations.

Chances are most of your customers will read from left to right so can I suggest that the BB Availability checker goes on the right and the view BB packages on the left. i.e. swap their positions.

Also I may be wrong, but I thought marketing stuff were now all opt-in, if this is the case then the check box below the B checker need its default changing. There is one other thing and that’s the Plusnet logo, it would be much nicer if it were moved up the screen so that the bottom of the “We’ll do you proud” was inline with the bottom of the options on its right. Yes, I know, white ’buttons’ meant to line up but you did ask.

Edit:- Corrected reading order!

PlusnetLiam
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @jelv - not at all, we're looking at whether us refreshing it will have any impact to existing customers, hence me asking! 

PlusnetLiam
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

To be clear @maranello I can assure you this isn't a massive priority for us, just something we've discussed internally & I wanted to speak to you guys to see what you'd want from a homepage. Obviously it's a big part of what we do considering the volume of traffic we get so it is important but not in comparison to fixing & improving some of the things you mention.

PlusnetLiam
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks @Anonymous - I'll pass that on.