cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely poor service

West89

Extremely poor service

Why has plusnet service become so pettiefully poor?

well actually I know the answer, it's since BT took over!

why do you make customers waste hours just to report a fault, chat and phone support are an insult to customers. What happened to the simple message service or simple email!

no doubt it will take weeks to get my broadband working with your oneway communications systems frustrating me continually until I finally quit plusnet out of frustration!

7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Extremely poor service

An explanation of your problem may help other members - or staff - to help you.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear that @West89

We've been owned by BT for about 10 years.

Testing your line is detecting a possible external fault that's likely to be affecting your connection. I've reported this through to our suppliers now. We'll provide updates to this ticket over the next 24 to 72 hours.

Thanks for your patience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
West89

I thought my comment was very clear; it can take hours just to report a fault let alone get it rectified!

West89

Thank you for your help, it seems the foram is the best place to report a fault, two minutes effort and a quick response!

if BT is not the reason for the very poor service, what is it?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@West89 wrote:

I thought my comment was very clear; it can take hours just to report a fault let alone get it rectified!

I was referring to the problem you had with your service, not the length of time to rectify it. Anyway, as @Gandalf has now picked this up, no-one else will need to intervene, hopefully.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@West89 wrote:

Thank you for your help, it seems the foram is the best place to report a fault, two minutes effort and a quick response!

No problems.

@West89 wrote:

if BT is not the reason for the very poor service, what is it?

Sorry for the wait time over the phone/chat. Firstly, the agent you contacted detected the fault I found when running the line test and they (for reasons I don't know) didn't raise the fault. I'm getting internal feedback passed on about that.

Following the recent changes we've made to our staffing model as well as heavily recruiting/training new advisers, we have seen the wait time reduce dramatically.

For example, at the time of writing this, currently there is absolutely no wait time for any department over the phone.

I appreciate this hasn't been the case for you.

We simply can't predict when our customers will be contacting us. Having said that, we are focused on making improvements to maintain consistency by trying to keep the call queues to a minimum across the day.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just an update @West89 it looks like an engineer has fixed a fault on your line. We'll check back on your fault on Monday to monitor your connection and see if the line remains stable.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet