Did you mean: 

Extra Usage email needs rewording

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Extra Usage email needs rewording

I just received this email
Account username: <me>
You've now used up your product's broadband usage allowance of 10GB. We've added a further 5GB of usage for the month to your account, which will add a £5.00 charge to your next subscription charge.
If you use up the additional usage before the end of your billing month, we'll continue to add more usage at the same rate.
Note: Your extra usage is available up until the end of your billing month. Any unused usage won't be carried over to the following month.
Should say
If you use up the additional usage before the end of your billing month, we'll continue to add more usage at the same rate unless you have reached your cost limit in which case your speeds will be restricted until the start of the next billing month.
7 REPLIES 7
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Extra Usage email needs rewording

Quite right Jim.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

also this could be added....
"You can view/set/change your cost limit here......... (url to be displayed) "
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It is but a bit further down the email
Set A Broadband Price Limit
No need to be concerned about spending more than you intend on your broadband usage. You can set your maximum monthly usage on our website - https://portal.plus.net/data_transfer_watch/
View Your Broadband Usage
You can check your usage at any time on our website with View Your Broadband Usage - https://portal.plus.net/view_my_broadband_usage/index.php

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

And the absence of any Plusnet comment on the Original suggestions leads us to believe they aren't interested  Angry
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Not true at all. If we don't reply to a thread that needs a response just give me a nudge and I'll get one of the team to take a look.

I'll ask the question of the wording for that email internally.
adie:quote
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Ado16
Grafter

The whole "usage" thing ought to be made clear from the start for anyone not used to Plusnet's system. It's only thanks to this forum that I discovered the part of the site that blocks your ports to cut the 'net connections.  So adding something about that in the Welcome booklet maybe in Big Fat Letters would be a bonus!  Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Not a bad call. I suspect we'll want to be careful about how it's phrased as we don't want to put people off, but I'll raise that internally as it's a sensible idea - thanks very much.