cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exellent month again with Plusnet !!

ghostrider
Dabbler

Exellent month again with Plusnet !!

Another month goes by and all i can say is , i cant wait till my 18 mths is up so i can kick this lot in to touch , your service is dire , worst isp i have ever had the misfortune of encountering , re sync after re sync , abismal speeds
you tube throttling , and god knows what else ..... i cant wait to leave.
Done
night....... Angry
16 REPLIES 16
Not applicable

Re: Exellent month again with Plusnet !!

Sounds bad ghostrider - why not let us into a few secrets like have you reported the problems and if so, what has been done?
There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here who might be able to help if you let them know the background.  Huh
paddyclark

Resyncs are nothing to do with Plusnet..  
You have a line problem which will follow with any BT line based supplier you until you identify the problem .
James
Grafter

Hi Ghostrider,
As has been mentioned, we have no control over your resyncs, but hopefully we can help you to get them fixed.  They're also extremely likely to be the cause of your poor speeds.
Looking at your connection though, it doesn't look that bad and there aren't that many resync events.  What details are you able to get from your router?  Does it show an error log of the reconnection events?
ghostrider
Dabbler

Quote from: Jameseh
Looking at your connection though, it doesn't look that bad and there aren't that many resync events.  What details are you able to get from your router?  Does it show an error log of the reconnection events?

Does it not ... well why don't you come and have a look for yourself !! and tell me YOU would pay good money for the s******e im reciveing ... 60ms on a supposedly gaming connection , ip profile up and down like a fiddlers elbow !! do me a favour go get a job feeding chickens eh .....  Angry Angry
dick:green Quote tags fixed mod:end
Lurker
Grafter

Sounds like it will be a long 18mths.
Shame you don't want to get your issue sorted, it might have made the time pass faster if you could spend it on the internets.
C'est la vie. etc.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and with a bit of luck, when they get to their new ISP, they will find they have the same problem and it wasnt PN
Santiago
Grafter

They might have a worse problem and then Mumbia CS to deal with
zubel
Community Veteran

@ghostrider - a few points.
1.  As has already been mentioned, resyncs are nothing to do with Plusnet - they will either be your own internal wiring (90% of the time) or it will be a BT fault on the line (10% of the time).  If you havent raised a fault, you should do so at http://faults.plus.net. ; Yes, there are a lot of steps to go through, but these are to ensure that BT Openreach do not charge you their standard £extortion fee to come and visit.
2.  Having multiple resyncs will drop your IP Profile - which is again controlled by BT.  This is likely the cause of your bad download speeds.  See point #1 for how to fix.
3.  60ms ping is likely because Interleaving has been applied to your line in an attempt to fix  your shoddy connection.  See point #1 for how to fix.
4.  Posting your router stats (US/DS sync, noise margin and attenuation) will allow forum members to assist you in determining exactly where your fault lies.
5.  If you continue posting with that attitude, I wll personally remove your privileges to even visit this board.  Whilst I understand you are frustrated, there is absolutely no necessity to take it out here, without giving people the chance to assist you.  I suggest you stop with the gobbing off, and perhaps do something constructive that will *fix* your internet issues.  See point #1.
B.
onlyme
Grafter

Hear Hear, Barry.
@ghostrider.  Don't be hasty, let PN assist you by posting your stats and going through the faults procedure, you will find that lots of people here are extremely helpful and you will get your problems sorted.  I can speak from experience, I have had faults with my connection and speeds but PN have sorted them all out for me, which is something that my previous ISP failed to do.  Take a deep breath and let PN staff and members help you, you will be glad you did and at the end of your contract you will not want to leave.
ghostrider
Dabbler

Quote from: Barry
@ghostrider - a few points.
1.  As has already been mentioned, resyncs are nothing to do with Plusnet - they will either be your own internal wiring (90% of the time) or it will be a BT fault on the line (10% of the time).  If you havent raised a fault, you should do so at http://faults.plus.net. ; Yes, there are a lot of steps to go through, but these are to ensure that BT Openreach do not charge you their standard £extortion fee to come and visit.
2.  Having multiple resyncs will drop your IP Profile - which is again controlled by BT.  This is likely the cause of your bad download speeds.  See point #1 for how to fix.
3.  60ms ping is likely because Interleaving has been applied to your line in an attempt to fix  your shoddy connection.  See point #1 for how to fix.
4.  Posting your router stats (US/DS sync, noise margin and attenuation) will allow forum members to assist you in determining exactly where your fault lies.
5.  If you continue posting with that attitude, I wll personally remove your privileges to even visit this board.  Whilst I understand you are frustrated, there is absolutely no necessity to take it out here, without giving people the chance to assist you.  I suggest you stop with the gobbing off, and perhaps do something constructive that will *fix* your internet issues.  See point #1.
B.

Listen mate i have done something constructive by posting on this forum,i have also contacted tech support,said they were going to call back and guesss what ... yip you got no call ... no suprise there then,and my sync has not dropped once since phone call,COINCIDENCE or not ?? so please yourself remove my privileges then that makes people think your hiding the truth does it not .... i only come on here to voice my opinion if you don't want people to come on and rant and rave in a forum that is for ranting and raving remove it totally .... take care Barry ...
Also my line does not have interleaving on so the 60ms + ping times are a disgrace in every sense of the word !!
Spider
Grafter

Quote from: ghostrider
.... take care Barry ... hope a bus hits you soon.

Out of interest is that your view on all Plusnet customers or just Barry in particular?
ghostrider
Dabbler

No mate just Barry , prolly some PN customers are in the same boat as me ... but i will not put up with people like that its in my nature to fire back ... can't help myself unfortunatly so if any other PN customers are offended im sorry as this was not my intention at all ....
zubel
Community Veteran

Cheerio.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

bye bye