cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excellent work

jack21
Grafter

Excellent work

Thanks Plusnet, I've got another happy client thanks to your efforts and BTO.
The client had been with AOL for years, had a crackly line since then, and suffered low sync rates, high error rates and frequent connection drops. A visit from BTO left him with no improvement, a suggestion that his wiring was poor, and a £200 bill.  He then enlisted my help; after removing his extension wiring and doing the usual checks/improvements, the root problem remained - it was accompanied by a router-based warning that Uncancelled Echo was suspect (at a value of +23, whereas it is -15 on my own line).  AOL would simply help no further, and BT said the line was OK (after remote test). I then persuaded him to switch tp Plusnet, where he received the usual, in my experience, excellent treatment. Plusnet tested, concurred the line/exchange was suspect, and arranged another BTO visit - the enginner arrived (Steve from York), did an excellent, professional job - remade connections in the village BT Cabinet, with the result that the phone line and DSL performance is now really good for our location....clear line, attenuation 55db, sync 3800kbps, SNRM 6, very low error rates, and a very happy client indeed.
Very well done, Plusnet - thanks.
11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Excellent work

Hi there,
Thanks for your kind words and credit to the Open Reach engineer who dealt with that job in what sounds like an extremely professional and courteous manner. It means a lot to us to hear a happy story such as this.
Thanks again and here's hoping that everything continues to go smoothly for them and indeed for yourself.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
zubel
Community Veteran

I would hope that there is some mechanism to feed back positive (and negative) reports of BTO engineers to them?
Cheers
B.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

It's great to hear of a good outcome, but it does illustrate how much any ISP is so reliant on the vagaries of BTO.
As a matter of interest - does PN have to deal with BTW first in every case, who then bring in BTO, or is there a direct relationship between PN and BTO?
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
James
Grafter

From a faults perspective, we have to liaise with BTW.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero

Thanks James.
Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
James
Grafter

Sorry, I should have elaborated a little bit more Smiley
Our point of contact *is* with BT Wholesale, but if there is an issue that needs OpenReach interaction, the person at Wholesale will offer to put our call on hold whilst they speak to OpenReach.  So whilst we don't speak directly with OpenReach, we will ask the relevant questions to Wholesale who then query on our behalf.
We do have escalation processes which we can follow to ensure that issues are picked up at a higher level with Wholesale, who will do the same at the OpenReach end.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Just to state though, we will definitely be feeding this back too Openreach via Wholesale as its just as important go give positive feedback as it is negative. Unfortunately the latter is what tends to crop up mostly in these kind of circumstances but we do want to make sure credit is given where it is due.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
zubel
Community Veteran

That was kinda my point, Adam - good engineers should be recognised and I'm glad that the one in this case is!
Cheers
B.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero

I'm sure a lot of people don't appreciate what you ISP guys have to go through to get things done - many thanks for the info.  Smiley
And yes, I hope that 'Steve from York' mentioned in the OP does get the recognition he deserves.
Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

" Steve from York" will probably be selected for redundancy - can't have BTO Engineers actually solving probs. first time!!!
jack21
Grafter

Just after I'd started this thread, I did go to the Openreach site, found a means of contact, and left a message of praise concerning the BTO Engineer, Steve of York.
I hope it encourages him with his excellent work.
But without moving from AOL to Plusnet, my client wouldn't have had the help he did get.